Throw Down Your Arms
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 15 November 2017
This album is really a super album if you like GOOD ROOTS REGGAE! Recorded in Jamaica with 4 example Sly & Robbie. If you LOVE reggae...BUY IT!
Bless Up 4 Sinead O'Connor!!!
Fast and cheap and well posted...
on 2 June 2017
Brilliant
VINE VOICEon 10 December 2009
Sinead O Connor doing a reggae record. Could be a disaster .. but it isn't. Why not?

I guess because Ms O Connor is a genuine artist. She does it the way she hears it and feels it, and doesn't care at all what the critics or the marketing people say.

And also because she's gone to Tuff Gong - Marley's studio - to record it, with Sly Dunbar and Robbie Shakespeare, as well as Mikey Chung, on guitar, who has played with Peter Tosh and Lee, Uziah `Sticky' Thompson, who's played with the Wailers and the Mighty Diamonds.

So there's a lovely crisp sound, and Ms O Connor's distinctive vocals. Sean-Nos it ain't, but you can get that from her elsewhere.

Still sceptical (and, as someone who loved the originals, I was until I heard it)?

Well, then get it cheap from one of the Amazon sellers ... ...
on 30 January 2014
Just not my sort of music. Too contrived for me, simple folk songs are best left for folk. Don't like over sugared anything
on 1 October 2005
I'm no reggae fan, and I honestly believed that Sinead O'Connor had released her last track and was fading into musical retirement, but this album proves me wrong on both counts. Sinead's voice combined with the traditional reggae beat is nothing short of a revelation. Her's has always been a voice full of raw emotion, but it's not quite right to say that she gives new meaning to the music. It's more a case of her interpretation at last explaining the music, revealing the meaning that's been there all along to those of us who haven't understood previously.
This is brave departure for Sinead, but I've a feeling that she made this album for love of the music rather than for any deliberate attempt to change direction. I think this album will introduce both Sinead and reggae to many who haven't really appreciated either before.
on 21 October 2014
Say what you like about Sinead, she may well be a little "cookie" to say the least but when it comes to making music you cannot fault her. A flawless CD, beautiful vocals, great playing by the band that includes Sly & Robbie, great songs. A Cd that is on constant play in this household. Do yourself a favour & buy yourself a copy today, you wont be disappointed.
on 11 September 2006
This is wonderful. Sinead plays it absolutely straight and pays tribute to these '70s reggae classics (with some of the original artists) which she so obviously loves.

Her absolute sincerity and the faultless musicianship of this album make it a real treat for reggae fans and non-reggae fans alike.

Lovely.
on 7 November 2012
I bought this album as soon as I heard one track of it on the radio. I've been listening to it on and off for years now.

It has become one of my favourite albums of all time.

It's not perfect and some of the songs are less plausible than others but they are all good and some are brilliant.

If you like reggae, you'll probably love this.

(Also, I've introduced this album to lots of my friends over the years and they all love it too.)
on 8 October 2005
Absolutely love this album, and have been playing it continuously since buying it. Track 7 (Vampire) is the favourite in our house, but they're all good. I love Sinead's voice, and I love reggae, so this album is a real treat!
on 9 July 2012
Reviews such as that by sunworshipper who sounds as though they have not got one clue about reggae can be ignored The one thing I agree on is that the jah no dread track can be skipped - no probs Then you are left with in my opinion the best reggae album ever by a British band/artist In any category...