on 19 March 2017
It takes some getting used to having typed on a standard keyboard for many years. But having made the switch to an ergonomic keyboard in work, I also took the plunge with the keyboard at home, hopefully this will allow me to get used to the new layout sooner. I have this in the office and and having recently suffered with a flare up of an old shoulder injury I decided to make the switch. So far so good. Obviously a keyboard and mouse switch is only part of the solution. Its quite a drastic shift to the new mouse I use in work (Anker® 2.4G Wireless Vertical Ergonomic Optical Mouse, 800 / 1200 /1600DPI, 5 Buttons - Black) but I love the fact that I do notice a difference and it is comfortable to use, even if I do knock it over on occasion. The function keys and their usage is defined by a function key selector, which takes some getting used too (switching a switch to define if the key is a normal F'something' or a shortcut for a function (play/pause). Something that I'm sure I'll get used to over time. Would I recommend? Yes.
on 19 October 2017
This my second Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000. The outher died after the cable connection became faulty. If you're not put off by the neighbours complaining about the clunky keyboard noise (only joking lol) everything else is great...especially the wrist support and I just love the more natural angle of the ergonomic keyboard layout - now whenever I have to use a normal keyboard, it doesn't take long for my wrists to start complaining!

Message to Microsoft....thanks for the great keyboard...but if you could do something about the clunky keypads it would be an awesome keyboard!
on 21 April 2017
In terms of shape/structure, this keyboard is ergonomically well-designed. Unfortunately, this is cancelled out by the heavy weighting of the keys. It takes quite a bit of force to press the keys down. This is not only loud (a minor concern, but my husband was bothered by the sound through two closed doors), but also problematic from an ergonomic standpoint. I though that perhaps it was just a bit stiff and would resolve with use, but ended up hurting my hand and had to stop typing altogether for about 2 weeks. For anyone with RSI concerns, I would recommend going with something with a much lighter touch. I switched to a Microsoft Sculpt keyboard, and found it to be much better.
on 3 April 2017
The idea of this keyboard is sensible. However, the space bar is horrendous. Makes your thumbs ache because it keeps sticking and has to be pressed hard. It puts me off touch typing as I keep having to adjust my thumb positioning. The rest of the keyboard is very well made and the keys are nice for a non-mechanical keyboard. But that space bar is horrendous. I had to return the product.
on 28 October 2017
Have tried these keyboards a few times over the years and have never been able to get used to them - if anything they do not appear to be that ergonomic at all and are more a gimic and than anything else. - I am sure they do work for some people but I would think the real beneift from using them is questionable. After the purchase of quite a few keyboards to find something that was comfortable to use I setlled on this one - Cherry JK-0300GB Strait Keyboard, please see link attached. - it is an excellent keyboard
on 11 July 2017
It be better if wasn't for keyboard been so loud and wonky. Ok there are youtube videos showing you how to fix it and make the space bar better but I shouldn't have to do that.

Although it is a nice key board and since having this my wrist not ached since and is fine for computer games too. Just miss the keys at first as the shape is abit different then normal. Its also quite bigger then normal keyboards too. But 3 stars I say its a nice keyboard.
on 13 December 2017
I purchased this to replace an identical model bought 18 months past. Really like the ergonomic shape which you get used to very quickly; reverting to a standard keyboard is awful. Hence new one required after my wife spilled her coffee all over the last one, Tried everything to get it functional again without success. More expensive but worth it.
on 29 January 2015
I have used an ergonomic keyboard in the past and much preferred it, but circumstances had me using a traditional keyboard for a while. At last I am back with my preferred layout and I much prefer it. Couple that with the programmable keys and this is an absolute winner. For those of you who have never used one of these keyboard layouts before,I urge you to try it. It is so much more comfortable than a standard keyboard layout, and for me, more productive too. I am a self taught typist who used more than two fingers, and I can type more and for longer in comfort with this layout than any other keyboard I have tried. Brilliant.
on 11 January 2017
This is my second 4000, nothing wrong with the old one (8yrs old) gave it to a friend who has rsi the new one feels tighter, crisper and obviously newer but feels the same in use, no change in typing, highly recommended very good boards,,,,A++++
on 22 July 2017
If you are a MacBook user avoid - unless you get extra usb ports to hang off your laptop. The "usb port" in the description is entirely misleading and should simply say "wired keyboard" - as the keyboard itself has no usb ports (unlike the Apple keyboard which has 2). I checked the Microsoft website and they make no claims about the keyboard having a usb port. So if you are thinking of getting this, others are selling the exact thing for £35. Live and learn. Secondly, the @ key and the " key are swapped - literally. So when you key in Shft2 (for quotation mark) you get @, and vice versa - small quirk. Otherwise, apart from the usb gripe, the keyboard itself is very good as you would expect. Roomy and far less crowded than the Apple keyboard.