on 5 January 2008
This bag ( the 200 ) holds my Sony R1 ( fixed lens, at 24mm ) and a Nikon F60/N60 with a 28-80 lens ( stored at 50mm ). I had to re-arrange the compartments to fit both of them in, but it was easy and I could fit another couple of lenses, if I needed.
The bag is very light, feels secure on my back and the water-proof cover is excellent.
I would have liked a tripod hold, but you cannot have it all.
Update, March 2008: I now carry a Nikon D300 with a 18-200mm attached, and two more lenses and two filter cases in the main compartment. It would easily fit one more lense. In the top compartment, I carry the Nikon SB-400 flash unit ( the smallest one of Nikon ) and the charger. So far, very happy with this bag and doesn't feel heavy!
on 26 January 2009
- When my Lowepro Slingshot 200 arrived, the first thing I noticed was how small is was for a backpack. If you have the money to spend, choose the 300 or another brand.

- The slingshot idea of being able to swivel the bag around without having to place it down somewhere is fantastic. This is the reason I bought the bag.

- Its very comfortable and easy to adjust, I'm a female and the strap accross the chest can extend reasonably large.

- The silver raincoat is fairly tight and I found it a struggle to pull the elastic over the top of the bag, but once over, is it very secure.

- In my opinion the bag could have come in a nicer colour than the grey but that is just my personal preference.
on 9 December 2008
I've used the Lowepro Slingshot 200 for about 12 months now, with a Nikon D300, 2 lenses, a spare body and Speedlight 600 flash. All is swallowed up in the main compartment with a bit of spare space, leaving the external pocket for spare cards, batteries, cleaning cloths, cables etc and the top free for a compact camera, binoculars, food / drink etc.

Well made, water-proof so far (although I haven't tested it extensively) and I've found it stable enough for walking with just on shoulder strap and completely solid up and down hills and low-level scrambling when the second stability strap.

The only possible down side is that it is impossible to look "cool" when putting on or removing an over-the-head strap like this, and the bag itself will never look as good as a Billingham. If you can live with that (I can!), it's a great bag at a superb price.
on 15 December 2015
Perfect for travelling with SLR kit. I can get a 7D with 24-105, Macro lens, wide angle lens and 50mm lens all in at the same time, along with a few accessories in the various pockets. Sadly, it will not take the camera and my 70 - 200 lens though, and the 70 - 200 is also too long to fit in one of the lens pockets. However, it is a good size and usable for those days where you are prepared to carry a fair bit to get the right shot. It's also good for taking on holiday or having in the boot of the car.
on 11 May 2007
I read the other reviews before I ordered this bag. My main concern was could I get my Canon 70-200mm f4 telephoto in? - I didn't really want to go for the 300 model due to the extra unladen weight.

The result is that it will go in - though not in the main compartment, it fits in the top zipped poacket that is really for accessories. This is not ideal as the padding is not so good, but for an average shoot it will be fine. I think I might get a Lowepro sliplock Lens pouch as an add on.

Altogether I have managed to pack in the following: 1xCanon 30Dccamera with 17-85mm zoom lens, 1x70-200mm telephoto lens, 1x17-40mm lens, 1x extension tubes set, 1xcanon extender,filters and rings, 2xpolarisers,cleaning kit and remote control.

I hope this gives other people a good idea just how much you can pack into this wonderful camera bag. It is just so great not having to put your backpack down on the wet ground to get the camera out!!
on 11 March 2008
I just received the bag today and it seems quite nice to me from the outlook. By opening it up the structure is clear and when I tried to fit my stuff in it seems only larger lens can fit properly as my 50mm F1.8 only took half the depth of a section and it was perfect for my 24-105mm F4. Of course, the most important function is the slingshot, it works nicely for me as well. Overall I think it is worth the money compare to those expensive Crumpler ones. I used to love crumpler, it's just the price is killing me. After all,it's a good deal.
on 26 January 2008
This bag has met all my expectations, it holds my 350D, with 10-22mm lens attatched (plus lens hood). It also holds 4 other lenses and various accessories. The slingshot works well and is very comfortable to wear. The only slight drawback is the lack of a secure tripod fixing.
The size is perfect
VINE VOICEon 28 August 2008
(this review is for the Lowepro Slingshot 200 shoulder bag/sling bag for digital SLR - a while ago all the different size lowepro reviews were bundled together, very confusing!)

I bought this bag almost a year ago for my canon 350D and was a bit apprehensive spending so much on a bag. A year later and I'm still smiling. A well designed bag with incredible amount of space inside, and in the outside compartments. I can fit my canon with three mid size lenses, and one small lens, large diffuser, collapsible lens hood, full size flash, spare slimline camera, cleaning kit, spare batteries and 2 battery chargers! Took a while arranging them in a certain fashion like reversing the diffuser over the camera lens and rearranging the velcro walls inside the bag.

I currently have my bag packed to the hilt and with only one main strap can get a bit uncomfortable, specially if you are used to using two strap back packs. Swinging the bag from your back to the side is incredibly easy and saves having to take the backpack off to get your camera out. I like the small attention to detail like the lcd screen cover - a small slip of cloth that cover the cameras lcd screen, the hidden water cover, and straps with loops apparently for tripods although I carry my tripods seperately. The inside walls attach via velcro so you can change the compartment size to suit your needs.

Bottom Line: Incredible amount of room in this bag. Well constructed. Not everyone will like the one strap - with the bag fully loaded I found it a bit uncomfortable for long periods - I would try one on at a shop first to see if you like the feel. I use it to store all my camera bits apart from the tripods and a separate smaller bag for taking just the camera on short shoots. Well recommended product.
on 31 December 2014
The bag is of good quality and there's plenty of room in it for the camera, lenses etc. My main issue with it is that it becomes quite uncomfortable to carry after half an hour or so, and because of its design you can't switch it comfortably to the other shoulder. I ended up giving it away less than a year after buying it and replacing it with the Stealth Reporter product by LowePro which is much better
on 11 March 2009
After making what seems to be a very common error, and buying a too small holster bag for my new dSLR (having been a long time digital compact user) I bought this following several good reviews elsewhere. Initially I felt I'd made a mistake (and even kept the tags and wrapping in order to return it) as it felt far too large and unwieldy. But after a week away I realised it was exactly what I'd wanted.

The ease with which the bag, slung over one shoulder and, if necessary, stabilised with a clip-in strap, can be rotated around the body so that the side entry camera pocket (when worn on the back) becomes a top entry camera pocket right in front of you (when worn on the front) is fantastic. The camera is safer, more easily taken out and re-packed, and doesn't get in the way of all the lenses, flash and filters that fit in the inner pockets. You can open that side/top pocket further to gain access to the lenses etc, but as easily can reach in an pull them out. Small straps prevent the side/top pocket opening too far and prevent inadvertent drop-out (!).

The fact that the top triangular zipped and padded pocket looks like it was designed to take a pack of sandwiches does give a clue to how I use it! There's also a zipped pocket on the front which holds cards and a bit of cash for the day out, and a small memory card holder inside. I do get ribbed by folk who talk of me taking the baby for a stroll... but for a safe and fast access means of carrying camera and kit - well I'm happy.