Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 28 March 2006
Make no mistake, my 2 year old loves Peppa Pig. My limited experience of Peppa has, until now, been restricted to the odd episode on channel five, and before the DVD purchase, I'd have said "Peppa's OK, good but not great".
Since the DVD purchase however, I too love Peppa Pig. What an parent wants from a kiddie DVD is 1) a distraction tool that will keep the little piggies happy and quiet for a while and b) some entertainment for the big piggies when they are forced to watch the DVD with the little piggies.
New Shoes scores highly on both counts. Peppa also is a positive role model and the family relationships are nicely portrayed.
The real highlight for me however, is Daddy Pig. He is a cracking comedy character, and single episodes fail to show just how stupid he is. This collection showcases Daddy Pig's clowning and stupidity to the full. It's worth buying the DVD just for the 'pancake on the head' and 'reading the map upside down' comedy moments.
Money well spent my little piggies.
11 Comment| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 July 2007
This DVD was worth the purchase for the Learn the Alphabet extra feature alone. This held the attention of my 3 year old and has the added bonus of being interactive. Simple for kids to navigate using arrow and OK buttons on your remote control.
on 3 January 2006
my 4 year old girl loves it, and it's the only programme my 2 year old will watch for more than 2 minutes. large number of episodes. fab
VINE VOICEon 25 May 2007
my 2yr old daughter loves peppa pig,she has afew of her dvds

this one has 10 tales and 2 extras/game

one tale is "treasure hunt" which we have the same book of
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 July 2013
I purchased this dvd for my son who loves peppa pig. We normally record it and watch it off of the tv, but got the dvd for holidays so he can still watch it. This particular dvd has the following episodes - 1. New Shoes 2. Ballet Lesson 3. The Tooth Fairy 4. Treasure Hunt 5. Not Very Well 6. Windy Castle 7. Pancakes 8. The Museum 9. Secrets 10. Thunderstorm
There is also two dvd extras of "Learn The Alphabet with Peppa Pig" and "Put On Your Own Ballet Show" Game.
All episodes are very typical episodes. One thing in particular I like about this dvd is rather than having loads of adverts that you cannot skip through it goes to the main menu very quickly - sounds silly, but when my son knows whats coming on he gets really antsy waiting for it!
on 9 March 2009
My one-year-old daughter absolutely loves Peppa Pig and would watch this DVD all day everyday if she got the chance! She knows every episode (all 10 of them) like the back of her hand and imitates the characters throughout.

As a parent who said "I'll never let my child just sit and watch tv..", this is one of the few programmes that I don't mind her watching. It's bright and funny and has helped my daughter with many areas of her develoment. (Her dad and I also love watching it!!)

There is a 'Learn the alphabet with Peppa' section, which is also very good.

I'd give this product 10 stars if I could. Hurrah for Peppa!
on 14 April 2009
The spoken English in this video is so clear and easy to understand. My bilingual four year old has learnt a lot of English by watching Peppa Pig.
on 28 June 2016
My daughter is obsessed with peppa pig and although we mainly download them from our sky box we have a portable DVD player so this DVD is great for when we are on the move! Only 10 episodes so fairly repetitive but my daughter enjoys it and the price is good.
on 7 June 2009
...and this doesn't disappoint...poor daddy pig ends up the butt of most of the jokes but my favourite bit is when they all roll about on the floor with laughter..good rollicking fun and so many topics..being unwell,ballet lessons,the museum etc that great to initiate conversations with toddlers and expand their interests and vocab.easy to watch for adults too!
on 27 February 2010
A fantastic DVD, I bought this for my 2 year old son and it hasn't been out of the DVD player since. The cartoon length is just right for the attention span of a toddler! My son's favourite character is George with his Dine-Saur!!!! Fantastic value for money and perfect on car or plane journeys. I have already ordered another DVD, due to this ones popularity!!