Customer reviews

The Muppet Show - Season 1 [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 15 October 2017
I'd forgotten how good it was. Brought back some very happy memories but the grand children thought my daughter and I were mad.
on 20 March 2017
Brilliant boxset with 24 classic episodes of the muppets. The complete 1st series. Well worth it.
on 22 July 2014
Was for the daughter, Think I will watch them again one day, I'm a but of an animal (so the Mrs says, I never tidy up after myself and never do what I'm told).
on 13 April 2017
Very pleased.
on 20 July 2014
Brilliant - just as I remember from the 70's, when we used to come home from the pub just to watch... except now I understand it all so much better because I'm sober. You really can't help but chuckle all the way through.
on 6 October 2017
Who wouldn't love the Muppets? Still good after 30 years!!
on 4 December 2010
Brilliant Brilliant DVD set!! Piggy Kermit and gang are must have entertainment for the whole family. My 2 toddlers are complete converts. Absolutely unbeatable TV!!
on 18 February 2010
This brings back so many memories for me and it's great how much my children love it - though it is very funny/interesting to note how non-PC a lot of clips are now.
on 30 April 2006
Its fantastic to see The Muppets back! Timeless comedy, even if you haven't heard of half the guest stars!!

A good feature on the DVD's are the "Muppet Morsels", information about the episode you're watching with all the dates tha the show was made and when it was first aired. It explains how the characters developed throughout the series, like for example, Scooter is in the first few episodes, then disappears, then reappears being introduced as the new kid. This was because the Americans didn't see the first 3 shows and so Scooter had to be re-introduced into the Muppet world.
on 30 April 2006
Don't be fooled by some of the other comments suggesting that the order of the shows is incorrect and that scenes are missing.

For starters if Rien had bothered to switch on the very informative muppets trivia on the DVD he would have had the explanation of why Scooter is introduced in episode 6 after appearing in earlier shows. A quick check of imdb.com also confirms the episode order is correct on the DVDs.

Enabling the trivia also explains perhaps why not every scene is shown. Originally, when The Muppet Show was broadcast in the UK different scenes were substituted to give the show a more local appeal. What is presented, on the UK DVD, at least is the UK version of the shows so clearly there will be some scenes missing is you lok at it from an American point of view.

Overall the presentation is good and the additional Muppet trivia is very very interesting. A must for any Muppet fan or person wanting to re-live for childhood memories.
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse