Customer reviews

on 5 January 2017
This is a lovely toy. Very well made, sturdy and easy to construct. My three year old grandson is quite heavy handed but it's holding its own !! Visually very pleasing - such lovely detail. My grandson absolutely loves it 😊
on 7 September 2017
A lovely present for my grand daughter who is four . The sails are likely to twang off, but they are easily sorted ....good fun for all!
on 8 September 2017
Do not buy this product I paid 52.74 for this pirate ship, The Range is selling very same ship for 12.99 OUTRAGEOUS!!!!!
on 30 January 2010
Was really pleased with this pirate ship. Its very well made and the dramatic colouring makes it interesting to small children. My 3-year old grandson plays with the cannon and really likes it. Would recommend.
on 15 March 2010
I got this for my nephew's 3rd birthday. He and my other little nephew love it.

I found the assembly a bit tricky but a family friend helped me and he had it assembled really quickly. You need a small phillips head screw driver for the assembly as there are some screws that you need to fix.

The kids were surprised that there were no pirate figures with the ship but I was expecting this and had bought some separate. Initially I thought that this was quite an expensive present for what it was but after seeing how much the kids like it and watching them play with it, it seems good value for money.

I would definitely recommend this as a gift for little boys.
on 10 August 2016
This is an excellent quality wooden ship. Make sure you buy the Pirates to go with as it doesn't come with them but well worth the extra money for this toy.
on 19 September 2017
My son got this and the le toy van fort for his birthday and loves them.
This ship is made from very solid wood and is brightly painted. It is a beautiful toy.
I have a few not so good points I need to point out though. The wood glue used is pretty shocking and a few things, such as the cannon and flag came unstuck ( the same happened with the fort ). It is easily sorted with a good quality glue, and this seems to have resolved the problem. It's just a bit annoying.
Over all my son is very happy with this toy, which makes me very happy too
on 28 March 2014
This is a well constructed toy, I bought it for my 2 year old grandson and he was delighted with it. Although he is a year younger than the recommended age, he is sensible and uses the Budkins Pirate Figures with the ship to engage in some imaginative play. He loves the canon and canon ball but because of the danger of putting a small round object in his mouth causing him to choke, the canon is used under parental supervision. I think the makers of the toy ought to include 3 figures with the pirate ship as it is quite an expensive toy.
on 2 February 2015
Very disappointed. Lots of parts not stuck, cannon broken.
I purchased this for my Grandsons Birthday; I was very embarrassed at the quality.
Would not buy or recommend this brand again
on 14 July 2015
My daughter is 8 but she was given this toy when she was 6. I can't say that she's played with it every day, but it is a solid toy with lots of fun elements that can be used with many different toys. Le Toy Van pirates, My Little Ponys and Scooby Doo characters have all been captured in the hold! I did a lot of research before she got it and I can pretty confidently say that this is at least one of the best wooden pirate ships available, if not the best. I would not recommend this for a child under 4, and it really depends on hos hard your child is on their toys. Still, it is very sturdy - sometimes the sails can come loose - particularly the front one, and one of the flag poles might get broken (though I think in our case it was an adult that did that!) - but the sails can be put back and the fiddly flag poles may just get in the way of the fun.