Customer reviews

Bizet: Te Deum / Gounod: St Cecilia Mass
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 21 April 2013
Years ago I had a cassette of the Bizet that was "borrowed" by a friend (was she really?) and lost. It is not an easy piece to find but it is here, together with the Gounod, which was new to me. Te Deum is a punchy piece that combines power and sweetness to good effect and the soloists, choir and orchestra are very successful in their delivery. The St Cecilia Mass is more solemn and sombre but with an underlying beauty and softness that, again, the performers deliver with confidence. These are rounded, satisfying performances that delight on first hearing and reveal more and more each time they are heard. Music to be listened to with 100% concentration.
on 2 July 2013
I bought this as a practice CD (truthfully, it was bought for me on request). Great recording, very clear and very instructive for me. I loved singing the Gounod so I am a bit biaised. I first heard it in the 170's so was delighted when I put the suggestion forward to sing it en masse and it was accepted. Some lovely pieces in it.

The Bizet is equally delightfull, both works are "very listenable" to.
on 2 October 2015
Just what I needed
on 5 December 2015
lovely
on 15 March 2013
Gounod's St Cecilia Mass is an all time favourite, with the Sanctus being one of my "Desert Island discs!"
The Bizet "Te Deum" is well sung too.
on 5 July 2017
Very prompt service. An excellent recording.
on 27 March 2013
I waited some while for someone to gift me this and was not disappointed. I could listen again and again - and do. Truly inspiring and an emotional high.I absolutely love the music.
on 29 March 2013
I heard part of the Gounod (the exquisite Benedictus) on Radio 3. The sound on this recording is not as present as I'd have liked.
on 11 January 2013
This cd was bought for my husband to replace an old recording he had on a tape. I was worried that it would not match up to the original, but he says it is brilliant, even better than the one his original.
on 23 April 2013
Gounod Mass de St Cecile: a work of joy and beauty performed most competently. The solo trios are exquisite and the credo most dramatic