Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop now New Album - Steps Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

1,200

on 15 October 2011
I purchased this portable 3-Band radio because the DAB radio i purchased some time ago goes through battries so quickly it is ridiculous. However the Roberts R9993 has met all my requirements superbly. Batteries last forever compared to DAB radioand there is no difference in reception and quality of signal. Thanks Roberts, one very satisfied custemer. Also Thank U Amazon for such a good bargain, a Roberts radio for this price is unbelivable. All round a GREAT purchase.
0Comment| 169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 April 2009
I bought one of these a couple of years back and would recommend it without hesitation: reception is good, the sound quality for a radio under £20 is fantastic - great definition and bass response. And the battery still hasn't been replaced. Nice slant at the top to make the controls more accessible in the bath...It hasn't fallen in yet, but being a Roberts, would probably swim too...2011 update: I've changed the batteries once in 3 years...2014 update: same again, must be running off the steam...
22 Comments| 308 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 July 2009
I bought this radio because I wanted a small, portable, battery operated radio for my small kitchen. It is absolutely perfect, the signal is good and it is very easy to operate and it looks smart. Most importantly the price was very good indeed, I shopped around before purchase and this ticked all the boxes and I wasnt disappointed.
0Comment| 109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 December 2009
I think this little radio is great! I've had one for 18 months. It lives in my bathroom, hanging by it's loop from a hook on the wall. I can't really fault it: the battery life is excellent, as are the reception and sound quality. What I particularly like about it is that it can be played very loudly for a radio of its size without any distortion of the sound. Indeed, before I settled on this radio I returned two other similarly sized and priced makes of radio because their maximum volumes were too quiet.
22 Comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 December 2009
This radio is the dogs. The sound is so clear and the tone is excellent. The large tuning knob is very precise and makes it easy to tune, not like some radios where you barely touch the dial and it skips about 3 stations!!

The build quality is excellent, and the battery life is superb, I've put half dead batteries in here and they've lasted for months.

What can I say - if you want a nice little radio then get this!! You won't regret it. I love mine, and listen to it every morning. It's small enough to take it with you if you go to work or something, but big enough to give a nice quality sound that will go quite loud (if you want it to) or you can keep it very low for bedtime listening! Much better than the cheapo radio I bought from Argos that could barely get a signal.
22 Comments| 305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 August 2009
A cheap radio bought for listening around the house and garden. For the price paid it does all we expected and the sound quality is decent. Happy with this purchase.
on 2 September 2009
Great wee radio. Easy to use and good enough sound quality all for under £20.
on 17 July 2009
So easy to use. Sound quality excellent for such a small box. Outstanding value for money. A brilliant product all round. Ideal for the bathroom.
on 24 October 2011
Delighted with recent purchase of the Roberts R9993 Portable radio. Excellent reception of a wide band of channels.
Even here, deep in the hills of Aberdeenshire we get good reception of the London-centric broadcasts. Say no more!

This is a good value product.
on 3 May 2011
This is a good little radio, only negatives being the on/off/vol and the band selector switches which are a bit flimsy and plasticky. I like the on/off/vol switch, dial tuning and metal speaker grille which is much better than plastic. The sound, considering it's a £][ (Amazon price) radio powered by just 4 AA batteries, is deep and rich for the size and not at all tinny, the volume can be turned up fairly loud while still giving good sound quality (both voice and music) and reception is generally good. I can't for the life of me understand the very negative reviews, if anyone is genuinely disappointed with this radio then I would say they have unrealistic expectations of a £[] radio...