Customer reviews

8,925
BRITA MAXTRA Water Filter Cartridges - Pack of 3
Size: 3 Pack|Change

on 30 April 2017
I opted for these because they are the recommended and correct type. I did not want to take a chance on inferior copies so I paid the price. These are not really cheap but do the job right. I change them every month as directed rather than try to get more value out of them by leaving them in longer.
on 17 June 2017
I brought 3 boxes as love the taste of well filtered water as live in a high chalky water area. Had previously got them in smaller amounts from a certain high street chain but they hiked their prices so much in one jump I looked here and got a bargain in comparison.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 13 February 2017
There seem to be a few conflicting views as to whether the 'non-branded' alternatives to these Brita own filters are any good, so I thought I would stick to what I know and pay the extra for the real thing. As expected, these filters are perfectly fine - they give you about a month of use and fit easily into the filter jug.

I will only give 4 stars, though, simply on the basis that they seem to be very expensive for what they are.
on 7 November 2017
Great value, half the price of the supermarket. Seem to last about a month filling the filter about 4 times per day, never had problems with particles escaping the filter and getting in the water. Effective at neutralising the chlorine taste of our tap water and makes it much more pleasant to drink.
on 29 October 2017
I've used Brita Maxtra water filter cartridges for more than two years, and while it could possibly be a placebo effect, I can't imagine drinking unfiltered water (especially in places with hard water!). This is even more the case especially when boiling water with filtered water -- limescale deposits appear really quickly when unfiltered water is used, and while the Maxtra cartridges don't completely eliminate this problem, it does slow it down substantially.

A gripe is the cost of these cartridges -- they are rather costly. Though with the quality, it is worth it if you prefer having less calcinated water.
on 27 April 2017
buy in threes it is cheaper than sixes, a good product that stops limescale build-up in your electric kettle lessens the smell of chloride, and other water smells, Ideal for caravanning as this lessens the chance of a dicky tummy. Well it works for me.
on 2 November 2017
Really pleased with this purchase, cheap replacement filters for my Brita filter jug!
I would recommend reading the instructions if you have not used these filters before, you do need to rinse them through or the water may taste funny.
on 29 October 2017
In our area we have a lot of limescale. Our Brita filter is a godsend so we don’t need to descale our coffee maker and iron so often. This pack is good value; rated four stars as there are third party alternatives that are slightly cheaper.
on 1 March 2017
Always my favourite filter from Brita... Quality product and the bundle pack is always cheaper... Also the delivery has never let me down
on 13 June 2017
we filter water to drink and to cook. We go through about 2-3 jugs a day (3.5l each). Each filter lasts max of 4 weeks.
My brother buys generic ones, uses them for drinking only and they last 3 weeks so i will stick to the branded ones.