8,075
Size: 3 Pack|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 August 2015
We have been using these for years and our Bosch kettle is certainly appreciative as there has been no limescale build up over about 4-years of use. Have also recently purchased a Bosch Tassimo coffee maker which has a Brita Maxtra water tank meaning you can use the same cartridges in both the normal water tank and the coffee maker.Have to admit though I tend to swap over the one in the coffee machine once the month indicator comes up and then use it in the water filter which gets more use - after all it has not had much to do with 2 or 3 cups of coffee per day so it seems a waste! Always tend to go a week over the month indicator anyway and the kettle has not shown any impact from this.

In terms of purchase the price can fluctuate wildly so I tend to hold one of these in my 'wish list' to get a view as to when the decrease comes along then buy a pack for several months use. The last time of ordering it was for twelve pounds for a pack of 6 so try to aim for something like this.

You can recycle old cartridges - simply visit this website (cut and paste) and type in your Postcode. There should be a drop off very close to where you live and also in most major supermarkets: http://www.brita.co.uk/brita/en-GB/cms/dealerfinder/dealerfinder.grid

Overall, a great purchase and if you buy at the right time very cost-effective
66 Comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 October 2009
Does an excellent job and makes Thames Water possible to drink. Definitely improves tea, coffee and any drink where you add water. Only problem is that I believe although bottled water is a serious rip-off, these filters, while better value than bottle water, are too highly priced. I've discovered that if you replace the filter every other month then you don't notice any deteroration in water quality. Any longer though ... yuk!!
on 20 February 2016
We have been using these water filters cartridges with our water jug for some time now. We used to buy them from our local supermarket until I spotted them here on Amazon - at 80% cheaper!!!!!

We live in a hardwater area, and although I admit to being initially sceptical as to their use, thinking they were just another way to get me to part with money on a regular basis, I have been won over and can definitely see that they work! and we would just be buying bottles of water anyway, as our tap water isn't great - no matter what anyone says, even the cats don't like it!!

The technical description is that the cartridges reduce limescale, chlorine and impurities, basically they make the water taste better and really cut down on limescale forming in the kettle! Yes, we use the filtered water in our kettle and it has really helped with the limescale, so our kettles our cleaner and lasting much longer.

The recommendation is that the cartridge should be changed once a month; we get through about two full jugs of water a day, and store them in bottles in the fridge, so we always have a supplied of filtered cold water, we have found they are actually effective for upto nearly two months, obviously we use more water during the hot summer months, which is when we use about one a month. The cartridges are very easy to install.

These cartridges will fit in all BRITA MAXTRA jugs, but do bear in mind you buy the right filters for the right jug (something we didn't initially do!).

These filters come in a variety of pack sizes, from individual to four packs, this six pack, and eight, twelve and even twenty packs. I really like this six pack size because we'll hopefully get just about a year out of it; so basically thats about £15 for the year, not too shabby!

Overall a very good product, they definitely work and do make a considerable difference to the taste of the water, your cuppa or squash will never have tasted so good!
on 3 March 2010
We recently moved to an area of the country that has extremely hard water. I've been using the Brita water filter system here for a year now, and it absolutely does work. There is no trace of hard water deposits in our heavily used kettle, and the water tastes great. If you read and follow the instructions it does not leave little black bits in the water. I use the filter for a good six weeks (rather than the four weeks it calls for) before replacing it, and have still not seen any lime scale. I do a lot of comparison shopping, and Amazon is the cheapest place I have seen to buy them, as well. It is worth it.
0Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2012
(Live in London, you need Brita)

added a customer photo to the product, I was surprised how effective these are

same Tap Water boiled for 10 mins, one is filtered with Brita other one straight from Tap
review image
#1 HALL OF FAMEon 23 October 2011
After years of putting up with foul tasting water, kettles that didn't last for more than a year and tea / coffee with a scummy residue on top I decided to purchase a water filter. We have been using it now for a couple of months and I have noticed a huge difference in the taste of the water, the look of my tea and coffee and also my kettle doesn't seem to be furring up like it used to.

The Brita jug comes with one cartridge and a sensor which tells you when it is time to change it. It suggests four weeks use but the cartridges do say they last for 100 uses which is roughly a jug refill three times a day for the whole month. If you don't use your water jug that much then the cartridge will last a bit longer even if the sensor tells you to change it.

If you have a Brita Maxtra water filter jug then you do need to purchase these Maxtra water filter cartridges, you can't get away with trying to purchase less expensive ones.

These cartridges come in boxes of four or ten with it being more economical to purchase ten. However, the larger box takes up more storage and you need to outlay more money at the start. I tend to go for the boxes of four as I find it hard to purchase items that are going to last ten months and I just plan to buy more when I need them.

Each of the cartridges are individually packaged in the box so they stay fresh until opened which means that it isn't a problem if you do decide to buy the larger pack.

The cartridges easily click into place inside the inner section of the water filter - just remember not to pull off the ring pull part otherwise they will be difficult to remove - I speak from experience here!
1212 Comments| 144 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2016
I bought these filters for the Britain XXL optimax water dispenser. The one I bought for myself is fine but the one I bought for my mother seems to fill the tank with black floating bits. We have washed the filters pre use and this is the second filter which appears to be doing the same thing. Not sure if the filters are faulty?..
review image
on 12 September 2012
We have been using these water filters cartridges with our water jug BRITA Elemaris Meter XL Black Water Filter Jug for some time now.

We live on the Isle of Wight which is quite a hardwater area, and although I admit to being initially sceptical as to their use, thinking they were just another way to get me to part with money on a regular basis, I have been won over and can definitely see that they work!

The technical description is that the cartridges reduce limescale, chlorine and impurities.

In English they make the water taste better and really cut down on limescale forming in the kettle!

The recommendation is that the cartridge should be changed once a month; we get through about two full jugs of water a day, and have found they are actually effective for upto nearly two months.

The cartridges are very easy to install and are recyclable afterwards, most big supermarkets will take them (we drop off at a collection bin in our local Tesco's).

The prices Amazon sell them for are generally better than the supermarkets, at the time of writing this review they are about £15.00 for this six pack (I have seen them in supermarkets at around the £30.00 mark for this number, so the Amazon price is a real bargain).

Overall a very good product, they definitely work and do make a considerable difference to the taste of the water, your cuppa will never have tasted so good!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 11 September 2016
I have always bought my maxtra filters from Amazon, they deliver fast and give good value for money.

Maxtra are Brita's most common premium quality filter, they provide great quality drinking water for a whole month. If you look at how much you would pay for bottled water every month, it can cost you a fortune compared to the cost of a cartridge at £2.50 each.

With bottled water at in excess of £1 a bottle, you'd only get 2 1/2 bottles for the same price. Have you tried filtered tap water and compared it to bottled water, I can't tell the difference.

I fully recommend this product, especially when it's at this price. 5*'s

If this has been helpful to you, then please press the YES button, thank you.
on 31 December 2012
I have a Brita kettle and water jug so use a lot of filters and need to get them at the best price and these certainly were value for money