Ansmann 5022673 Li-ion Canon NB 2 LH Battery

on 17 August 2017
Bought for someone else.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 21 June 2013
I have tried 2 other non-Canon batteries in addition to the original genuine Canon supplied with the camera, both have been rubbish, despite one being relatively expensive. They not only had very poor capacity from new, they lost their charge very quickly, and their life was so very short that they turned out to be false economy. The original Canon battery is still working while the cheap compatibles have long been disposed of.

I considered these Ansmann batteries because of Ansmann's reputation, my experience of their batteries, and of course the price when compared with a genuine Canon.

Ansmann are a German company that make very high quality rechargeable batteries in Germany. I have used many of their batteries and chargers and found them to be excellent - probably better than their well known competitors. They are a quality German manufacturer, making excellent products. These NB2LH are made in China, but do carry the Ansmann name and are supplied in Ansmann blister packaging, so I gambled on Ansmann not putting their reputation at risk by supplying compatible cheap Chinese junk. I have not been disappointed. Although they have obviously not been in use for as long as the original Canon, the indications are very good. They have a high capacity and hold their charge as well as the original Canon did. Their life is not yet known, but so far they are behaving just as well as the original Canon did.

At the price, an excellent buy.

Update:-
After 12 months of heavy use the battery is performing exactly as the original Canon version. Highly recommended.
33 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 September 2010
I needed a cheap battery as a backup on a photo-shoot - this was so cheap i wasn't expecting much from it, but I used it twice during the day - ran it dry the first time, switched to my 'authentic' canon one, ran that dry, then came back to this. It had charged fully in about an hour, and then I shot 700 action shots with continuous focus (which means I was ALWAYS draining the battery). I'm ordering another one!
on 6 January 2010
Got one of these as a spare for my Canon S90. It is larger than the Canon original but slots in as a tight fit and is difficult to remove. You have to take the SD card out and prise the battery out. Will not be using this unless it's an emergency.
on 8 September 2015
I bought it for Canon 40D camera to replace Canon BP-511A (Li-Ion, 7.4V, 1390mAh, Japan, weight 79g) battery pack. Ansmann 5022283 (Li-Ion, 7.4V, 1400mAh, China, weight 75g) accu-pack is slightly smaller and behave a little bit more wobbly into the camera body. Original battery pack contacts cover DOESN'T fit. I've got other brand replacement and it does fit. Description onto the pack is saying: Charge before first use but mine was fully charged straight from the pack. I can say nothing about life-span jet. I would recommended as Ansmann quality seems good and they giving 5 years warranty for reason.
Label specify that it replaces Canon BP 511 for: EOS 10D/ 20D/ 30D/ 40D/ 50D, 300D/ D-30/ D-60/ EOS 5D, EOS Rebel, Powershot G1/ G2/ G3/ G5/ G6, Powershot Pro 1/ Pro 90, ZR 10/ 25
on 19 May 2015
Beware! This battery did not fit my Canon IXUS 750.
The battery jammed and was extremely difficult to remove.
When I returned it to the supplier for a refund it was refused because there were scratches on the battery caused by levering the battery out of the camera.
on 19 February 2014
Just wrote this review to make up for the other one since I'm a happy customer and used the battery for more than two years. Had it as a spare while travelling and it worked as well as the original. It does fit a bit tighter but in no way that it gave me problems. I would say perhaps a slip in quality control or something happened to the battery.
Good value as spare or replacement.
on 15 September 2013
I bought this battery because it is cheaper than the original and Ansmann has a reputation making good batteries. I have charged it once until now and also used it once. It was properly recognised in the camera and original canon charger. I might review my review in future. (4 stars because it holds less than the original canon battery).
on 31 January 2016
I purchased 4-off Ansmann 5022283 Li-ion Canon BP 511 Batteries, from an Amazon supplier, 3 batteries would hold their charge the 4th was defective and would not even charge.
I also purchased 4-off Ansmann 5035092 4x AA 2850mAh Rechargeable Batteries from a supplier from their website. Not on Ebay.
Charging the 16 batteries, one was found to be defective.
One may expect that failure will occur at some time in the future, but to have the problems on both is very disappointing.
I’m pleased to say both the defective batteries have been replaced free of charge.
I have now found out a possible reason for the failure any Li-Ion battery. It will not charge because it is too deeply discharged due to it being over 2 years old when supplied in the first instance.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 24 August 2011
I used this battery for less than a week when the power started to rapidly fade.It is nowhere near as good as the original item it is designed to replace.I would not buy another as I missed out on taking pictures for the second week of my holiday.