Price:£2.49+ Free shipping (Addon item)

on 2 July 2012
I brought this because it's RAC branded and I wrongly assumed it would be a quality product.

The problems for me are:
1) It's a bad lid and the bottle leaks unless you're holding it upright.
2) The opening is tiny and you have to put the tap on a trickle if you want to fill it without water splashing all round the bottle
3) Did I mention that the opening is tiny - it takes forever to rinse the soap out when washing the bottle
4) It's a screw top but it takes a lot of turns to unscrew the bottle from the bowl. It's just what you DON'T need when you've got the dog lead in one hand with a frisky, powerful dog pulling and a bag and it's a windy day and you have to hold the bottle upright and untwist it using the orange bowl.

It's a terrible design - obviously not designed by someone with a dog. But all the others look the same too.

As well as all the above fixed, I'd like a cross-body strap so it can be carried hands-free.

It does really put me off buying RAC endorsed products now if they are willing to endorse this.
on 23 August 2010
Unfortunately this item leaks unless it is held upright - ok if hanging from a belt, but useless if lying down in a bag.
on 11 May 2009
This product is just as described and has proven to be a useful addition to my dog's travel 'kit' Enough water for a quick drink during breaks or after a walk. It didn't take long for my dog to get the idea of drinking from a slightly unusually shaped bowl, but the way that the bottle fits into the tray means that this Travel water bottle takes up little room in a rucksack or bag.
on 29 August 2016
I really can't understand the negative reviews given for this product. Common sense to me is that it is designed to be upright in a bag or on a belt. I have 3 dogs and have no dificulty opening and using the bottle. Just unscrew the lid slightlyand squeeze the bottle gently to release the water.It is better than having to carry a seperate bottle and bowl as it takes up much less room. As for taking ages to fill, i dont think so as i have no issue with that as it takes no time at all. Regarding do i have to remove the lid as it won't pour without, thats every screw top bottle isn't it. I have had my bottle for years and unfortunately i will have to replace it, not with any fault of the bottle but my mistake of leaving the bottle full in the sun for a long period of time and it has gone green with algae. For hygene reasons only i am ordering a replacement and for the money i think some people are expecting too much.
on 11 January 2017
Scored a 1 because the advert doesn't make it clear how small this item is. It's much too small for our mid-size sprocker, he'd hurt his nose on the sides of it.

We haven't used it so can't comment on anything else..
on 8 May 2016
I can only endorse the negative comments from some other users. The RAC logo does the organisation no credit by appearing on this product. The potentially practical design is totally cancelled out by the fact that the bottle leaks, which renders it useless unless you can carry it round upright all the time. I had mine for a while and it always leaked to some extent, no matter how tightly the cap was screwed on (which took a lot of unscrewing afterwards, difficult if you were holding onto a dog) but then the cap split, so the bottle went into the bin.
You couldn't comfortably carry it round with you on a walk anyway, so an ordinary bottle and small bowl kept in the car have provided a much better solution.
on 24 July 2016
I thought this would be a necessity for taking with us on holiday for our dog. Firstly, she wasn't keen on drinking out of the container at the bottom so we had to take her water bowl with us. Secondly, you had to be careful to ensure that the bottle top was on sufficiently otherwise spillages occured. In future I'm just going to take a bottle of water and her water bowl.
on 11 July 2015
I bought this as it carries the RAC logo which I thought represented quality. Placed upright in my bag, it has leaked on the first outing, soaking the contents of my bag. On inspection, the bottle is made of two pieces of plastic and was not properly sealed along the bottom. As the bottle sits inside the drinking bowl, I hadn't spotted the leak until the following day when my bag and everything in it was soaked. I have to give it one star in order to submit the review.
on 16 September 2016
I thought this would save space traveling with the dog. But I agree with other reviewers - lots of negatives.
1) hard to unscrew with one hand
2) water doesn't come out unless you squeeze very hard
3) very unstable on the ground, tips so easily that you have to hold it all time
4) awkward to attach to a belt or backpack

The dog did like it and used it easily but definitely less work to just carry a bottle and collapsible bowl.
on 30 August 2016
This is not a bad idea but it falls over! you have to hold it and can only give water for one sitting and repeat every time he needs ,more, if it had a stabiliser of some sort you could fill it and use it whilst using your remaining hand to say " hold a beer" instead you need all your hands to use it.
It is well made but it can leak on warmer days as it expands a little.
Plus side it's cheap and it does work and so is fit for purpose