Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 21 August 2014
I really like this DVD - have used it for years and have had to buy new to replace the worn out DVD - I use the weights work out and the core stability work out once a week each. Still not bored doing it which says a lot. I'm a keen runner and the core stability work seems really geared up for a runner - my physio has recommended many of the exercises within in. I used to get really bored doing slow yoga routines but I find this soothing and relaxing at the end of the week before my long run the next day.
on 14 January 2007
I bought this about a year ago attracted by the 3 different 30 minute workouts and Davina, whom I think is just fab. I have a short attention span and am not a fitness fanatic, but I have to do something! I always come back to this. The music's great, dance classics from the 90s that all us 30 somethings remember, but it doesn't dominate. Davina and her personal trainers offer professional advice throughout but keep it light and "digestable". The workouts are all sufficiently different to keep you motivated. I find it best to do it in the morning, as Davina recommends, and that's a VERY big thing for me to have 30 mins less sleep. It's quite nice waking up with their chirpy chat and music. You do feel refreshed for the rest of the day and quite smug when everyone's tripping off to the gym after work. The only very small thing is that when you're trying to get used to the routines, Davina sometimes jumps on ahead to the next exercise and you see her starting it before it's fully explained. However, it's not rocket science and you get used to the moves quickly. I suppose it keeps the flow going. No special equipment required, she uses an exercise mat sometimes and a set of light dumbbells, which all ladies should invest in for some all-important resistance training.

Update August 2012...still using this one to get me back on the wagon after a bout of inactivity. If I need a quick hit to look better in my bikini I do the core stability and 2 days later I can see the difference. Pulled in stomach and abdominal muscles, lats are tight and toned. It's not just good, it's amazing. You have to do it properly and not kid yourself. I'm now 42, no spring chicken, but really think it's enough to do one of each 3 times a week to keep toned. That, along with the good old combo of healthy eating, cut down on the booze and walk every day and my body is quite pleased with that.
Thanks Davina :)
on 26 April 2017
Amazing, you wouldn't think a fitness DVD that's a couple of years old would be hard to do, but believe me it was easy to do but I felt it the next day. Would recommend
on 11 January 2006
I have to say I was really looking forward to getting this DVD after enjoying Davina's first DVD so much, however, I don't think this DVD was put together as well as the first. As other people have mentioned the cueing is often lacking and I get the impression that Davina just wants to get it over and done with by the way she rushes into the next set before the trainers have had a chance to tell us what we will be doing. Another thing I found really irritating was how on two out of three workouts Davina just flops to the floor and we are left standing there waiting for her to get up so that we can carry on with the workout.
That said, I do still thoroughly enjoy this workout and I'm glad I bought it and if Davina were to bring out another exercise DVD I would buy that one also. I often feel so energised after doing the 'pump' workout that I go straight into the 'cardio box' workout.
on 11 February 2017
Excellent arrived promptly
on 5 March 2017
Good exercise regime
on 5 April 2017
Just what I was looking for.
on 8 December 2005
Having bought and worn out Davina's first DVD (The Power of 3) I have to admit I was really looking forward to the second. I could hardly walk after doing the first DVD, but after sticking to it, I found it to be such fun and a really good workout.
This new workout is just as challenging and possibly even better than the first as the workouts fit in well with my lifestyle as a Mum to a young son who doesn't have time to hit the gym three times a week. I love the option to crank up the music and shut Davina up-sorry Davina!
I would make sure you watch it all the way through just to perfect the moves as the idea is for the workout to be short, but effective. Here's to a flat tummy and a J-LO bum.
0Comment| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 28 August 2008
I'm trying to get fit after having a baby a year ago and thought I'd try a workout DVD to get myself going. Davina McCall seems to have fronted quite a few recently and she's looking pretty fit, so here goes... Anyway, this exercise programme is divided into three thirty minute workouts, which seek to tone and work every muscle in your body, so far so good. The first workout, 'the pump' is interval cardio training mixed with loads of lunges, squats and abdominal exercises and although I walk everywhere, the lunges and squats were *really* difficult and I felt it for the next few days. The second workout is called 'cardio box' and it's a mixture of cardio and kickboxing moves, which are pretty fab. The third and final one, 'core stability' is a yoga type one, but I've never really got on with it.

The camera angles are rather annoying as you can't see the whole of Davina and her personal trainers' bodies, which is annoying if you're unsure how to do an exercise and they should tell you to get your dumbbells and mat ready before you start! Also, Davina's gurning is rather offputting, ditto her tedious anecdotes and pretend exhaustion. To conclude, as a concept, it's a good idea, but it does lack a certain something.
on 28 January 2010
I've had this DVD for a few years now and have recently started using it again after a break and I LOVE IT!! It is really fun and energetic and although I am quite fit and exercise 3-4 times a week I really felt it in the days and weeks after. I would say this is a good workout for someone who is used to regular exercise (although it depends how hard you push it#.

The box aerobics section is the best and a more cardio #but less well organised# than the boxing section on high energy five. One major critism is that it spends too long on the left side of the body #the 1st section) and very little on the right so you have to work out when to switch yourself. Also in the 2nd section it switches a lot from one side to another but you don't do the same exercises each side and it just chops and changes about too much and is a little confusing.

Once you have figured out where to switch it is great but it is pretty shocking that no one in the Davina camp picked this up!

The music is wicked and really motivating - probably my favourite music on any of her DVD's. And I don't mind her funny comments and quips.

The pump section is good too and makes a change from the pump and legs on high energy 5 as it combines both so you work legs and arms at the same time.

I find the core stability section impossible but I am gonna have another go as my fitness has definitely improved.

Overall it is a great DVD despite the issues - you can count on Davina for a good workout.