on 28 April 2013
This is a mystery semi-horror film. Mary Woronov starts off with a narration, although at times Staats Cotsworth narrates for the dead Wilfred Butler. The film opens with a killing ruled as an accidental death. Jeffrey Butler inherit his grandfather's "inhumanity" house and must leave it intact. After 20 years he decides to sell the home at the same time a man escapes from the local asylum. Oh yes, its Christmas, which really doesn't play into the story but allows us to think of a clever title and have the song "Silent Night" murdered also.

The house boasts an underused harpsichord and the film an underused John Carradine. The characters are rather boring and the film utilizes a plot twist that has become far too common to mention. I was bored from the start of Woronov's opening monotone all the way through the end credits. There is a good reason why you never heard of it.

Parental Guide: No f-bombs, sex, or nudity unless you count Patrick O'Neal's man boobs.
on 23 February 2014
Whilst having a good storyline, I found this film to be dark & dated & would have been better if it had been digitally re-mastered.
on 21 April 2012
I was really curious about this movie, an early slasher. I've seen a lot of dvd's of bad quality in my life, but this one tops them all! After 10 minutes I stopped watching, it gave me a headache...
Therefore I can't say anything about the quality of the movie itself.
I hope there will be a better dvd of this movie in the future (Blue Underground?).
on 26 January 2016
Classic low budget movie of the early 70s nothing fantastic but one of the first christmas horror movies!
on 18 January 2014
Production value? What production value?! Looks fairly poor throughout. I bought this thinking it was a 'Slasher' classic....it's defo not!
on 28 March 2016
POOR FILM
on 7 March 2009
I read a lot of reviews of this film including the review on this page,before purchasing it,I found the film very dated,it certainly has not aged well.half way through i gave up,it was just too dark too see what was happening,the film was a waste of time and money,can i have 1 hour of my life back ?