Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 29 September 2007
The Perfect Catch is about a man's obsession with the Boston Red Sox baseball team and how he struggles to balance the time he spends following the team with the time his girlfriend wants him to spend with her.I think most people will be able to relate to the characters in this
film.Great acting and the scenes in the baseball stadium are tremendous and were actually filmed at real Red Sox matches.
on 19 March 2015
I THINK THE PERFECT CATCH IS BETTER THAN THE ENGLISH FILM..I LOVE THE ACTORS, AND I THINK THEY WORK WELL TOGETHER,AND THE PASSION FOR THE SPORT...ALONG WITH LOVE INTEREST AND HUMOUR WILL HIT THE SPOT FOR ALL ROM-COM AND SPORTS FANS ALIKE. WHEN SHE FALLS OUT THE STAND.!!!!!!......I WAS MOVED AND ALONG WITH THAT TEARS FOR FEARS SONG. WELL...IT WAS A SURPRISE AND I WILL WATCH AGAIN. THE PERECT CATCH ON DVD VIA AMAZON UK
on 2 December 2012
I enjoyed this film.. and I guess that's what matters when it comes to watching a film. Sure, it isn't the best film I've ever seen, but it made me laugh-out-loud at times, and the fact the Drew Barrymore and Jimmy Fallon are the leads made this better than I thought. Both actors have brilliant comedic timing and they play off each other very well. I'm not a huge sports fan, so I probably missed many references and jokes aimed at sport, but nevertheless I enjoyed the film and was rooting for Drew and Jimmy to end up together from pretty much the beginning. Some of their encounters made me laugh quite a bit and the storyline (a man being wrapped up in his preferred sport team.. the woman trying, and failing, to accommodate that in her life) didn't fail to amuse me, while also hitting home as being fairly realistic. Anyway, in summary, it's a funny film, excellent leads, and definitely worth a watch.
on 11 May 2013
Film is light hearted comedy that stars Drew Barrymore. Any Red Sox fan will appreciate the atmosphere and the film portrays the struggles of an over obsessed fan. Good laugh will watch again.
on 21 June 2014
Not much to say really, other than a really watchable movie. You all no who this guy is, you've seen him on tv the today show etc. He's hilarious. Buy it
on 29 March 2012
Why some people are giving this a low rating I have no idea. In my opinion it is a great film and one that makes me want to watch it over and over again. I am not in fact a Drew Barrymore fan but actually enjoyed her performance in this film. I am a Boston Red Sox fan however so maybe thats why it appeals to me more but its just a fun carefree rom com and why do some people think that if you have not had a real good hearty fall on the floor laugh its not funny. Watch it you will not be disappointed.
on 21 January 2007
I really like this movie!! the typical style baseball game style movie, but with a twist of romance. Definitely a chick flick and absolutely fab! I do not understand why people rate this so low when its such a good movie! The actors are brilliant, the storyline is fab! what else could be better?
on 30 June 2016
I wasn't sure what to expect from this video but I purchased it anyway as I'm a big fan of Barrymore and Fallon. I was pleasantly surprised . Great acting and numerous. I don't want to give anything away but it's worth watching.
on 6 July 2014
Excellent film, great acting. Love the ending too.
on 24 September 2012
I WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT YOU GET THIS MOVIE GREAT AND FUNNY PERFORMANCES FROM BOTH DREW BAARRYMORE AND JIMMY FALLON FEVER PITCH WAS FUNNY BUT NOT AS FUNNY AS THIS ONE BUY IT YOU WONT BE SORRY.