on 28 February 2006
I have ordered over 400 of these cdr and not even 1 of them failed!!!! Currently i am using a Sony DVD-RW drive and these disk works fine, capable with all speed (4X - 52X)
on 27 February 2006
Ive been using these for many things, backing up music, making svcd`s out of home movies etc etc, and they are by FAR the best budget CDR that ive used. I dont think that i will use much else untill another brand can beat the price, and the quality
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 December 2016
These were great CD-Rs, I seem to remember they got used up pretty quickly and some of the discs I still use today, over a decade since they were burnt - that's pretty good quality! I don't recall any coasters that weren't of my own doing.

Loved the fact they were made to look like little silver records too - very nice touch!
on 8 October 2006
I bought and used loads of the previous BenQ CDRs - the golden topped ones in a similar purple box - and thought they were great.

However, this reincarnation is much poorer. While I managed to finish burning the audio I wasn't too pleased with the results: skips and unexplained crackles and pops. I also think the old gold discs looked much better. I've moved to another brand - at least until the gold ones are available at a decent price again.
on 3 October 2005
these are near enough the same as the standard 100 pack but, these have a better coating on the data side so they should last a little longer than the others
only £1 more... depends how much your data is worth to you!
good quality and good value... no grumbles so far!
on 5 December 2005
These CDRs are probably the best I've come across. I use them for pretty much anything from burning a music CD to transfering data from PC to PC. Out of 100 I had 3 bad recordings - and that's probably more to do with my PC than the CDRs. Overburning worked every time I attempted (probably 10-15 overburns).
The only downside is that they scratch very easily and in-car cd players have trouble reading the CDs once they have the slightest scratch. But other than that, these are brilliant! Great value for money.
I'm about to order my second batch.
on 30 May 2006
Onto my third box of these. No coasters and they seem to be resilient when thrown around the interior of car! Resist scratching fairly well and certainly the best CDR I have bought for some time. Worth paying a bit extra for imho.
on 28 July 2006
Bought 2/300 of these (in the previous guise) and have never had a problem. The new ones have less room for writing what they are on it, which is a shame, so they drop a star.

However, I highly recommend them.

There MAY be a problem with these and Nero 7 though. I certainly had a problem, but I changed back to version 6 and everything was dandy.
on 19 August 2006
Depending on what you want to use your blank CDs for these are either a real bargain or a real waste of money. I ordered 100 of these discs and have been disappointed with them. The main reason for my disappointment is when I have used them for music CDs, not one has worked without at least a handful of skips, which occur, on average, on every other track of any given CD I have created. Now I understand that there could be a number of factors for this, what software I am using to burn, the CD-Writer, the speed at which I burn, whether it's CD-to-CD or drag and dropping mp3s etc.., so I experimented a bit with different combinations- nothing seemed to improve the quality of my music CDs however. It might be noted that I generally use Nero 7 Premium and have an NEC ND-3540 CD/DVD writer, which has a prefectly good reputation as a CD Burner, and it might be added that of all the other blank media I have had, with no others has there been a problem.

Having said all this, I have also used the CDs for regular data storing without any problems whatsoever, so if you are requiring budget blank media for data storage, these should stand you in good stead.

Overall then I would say that with these discs you get what you pay for, they are cheap, very low quality, and from my experience don't work at all for making music CDs, but if you're backing-up data they're fine and you would be hard-pressed to find anywhere cheaper; so buy at your own risk.
on 2 February 2006
£8.99 for 100 blank CDs - less than 9p a pop, or a little more than 1p per 100MB. They must be rubbish.
Except they're not - I've used about 90 of them so far backing up everything from plain old text files to HD video and there hasn't been a single coaster yet.
The only criticism is that they don't have a space for writing on the contents like the iMation CDRs, and they come in a silly box with no spindle [I just put them on an old one].