Format: DVD|Change

on 1 November 2013
This content of this DVD is legendary as you will already know.

So this review will be just me banging on about how much I love the actors and the writers of this comedy gem . I was allowed to watch this as a small child before I had to go to bed on a Sunday evening , " school in the morning" my mum would shout , so I had to be washed and in my pyjamas before the start and then me and my brother would lay on the floor and watch this show with our mum and dad and we would laugh together and enjoy the adventures that week that Arkwright and Granville would get up too.

I now watch it as a man of nearly fifty and still remember those magical days in the 1970's with my family and not only does it make me remember happy days of a small boy in a very uncomplicated world back then ,but it still makes me laugh out loud.

So thank you Mr Barker ,Mr Jason and of course all the other great actors and actresses in this show for giving me a great memory of the great times ..
Thank you for reading my review and happy viewing :)
on 9 September 2011
Bought Open All Hours - Series One [1976] [DVD],Open All Hours - Series Two [1981] [DVD],Open All Hours - Series Three [1982] [DVD] [1976],Open All Hours - Series Four [1985] [DVD] together as a gift for my son, he loves the humour and I have to say I'm encouraging it! I bought these for him when he was 8 and it's a great, gentle programme to watch together as a family - not much of that around these days! He also loves to watch an episode with his Grandparents when they have chance, it's been a lovely way to create some common ground - LOVE IT!
on 5 September 2008
Sadly, this was the last series and boy did it go out with a bang. I still howl with laughter every time I watch Open All Hours. Again, some classic one-liners which will have you doubled over laughing even when you've heared them hundreds of times. Ronnie Barker and David Jason are two of Britains best comedy actors and it certainly shows here. Arkwright is as tight as ever, finally relenting and agreeing to a new till, several models are shown to him and as the sales man walks in with each one, all you can hear is his voice from inside his shop shouting "How Much????". Absolute brilliance.
on 29 April 2014
The show is almost 30 years old and its still very funny! The material is so much better, clever, and funnier than most of the modern stuff of today. I have now got the complete collection, if anyone wants a laugh, a pick me up after a long hard day, this is what you want!
on 19 June 2012
I bought this for my friend's birthday. A classic British sit-com. Always a favourite and starring 2 of the greatest comedy actors - the late , great Ronnie Barker as penny pinching shop owner Arkwright and the amazing Sir David Jason as errand boy Gggggranvil ( fetch ya cloth )
on 6 November 2012
Arkwright is a tight-fisted shop owner in Doncaster, who will stop at nothing to keep his profits high and his overheads low, even if this means harassing his nephew Granville. Arkwright's only weakness is his love - Nurse Gladys Emanuel.
on 28 March 2011
Classic Ronnie Barker, and Sir David John White , If you like English Comedy you'll enjoy this.

The series evolves around a shop keeper in the 70's in a corner shop, using all the tricks in the trade the help unload customers of the hard earned cash.
on 25 April 2008
A fitting tribute to Ronnie Barker. A very funny final series - what a way to be remembered.

Open All Hours, Porridge, Only Fools and Horses..... They still make me laugh till my sides ache 20/30 years on - a testament to two great actors, and few good writers!

Buy this DVD, sit down with a drink and prepare to giggle and laugh out loud for a few hours.
on 5 June 2009
No let up or reduction in quality from season one through to four, all pure "angel" delight. Brilliant writing, characters and acting, especially again from the two geniuses of the small screen Ronnie Barker and David Jason. You won't get this on national health, although it should be prescribed to anyone in need of major laughing!!
on 18 April 2015
Has not aged, pathos, poignant and just plain pleasant and inoffensive.

Ronnnie and David are brilliant accompanied by a great script.
BUY IT, it is a bargain.