Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 27 May 2017
perfect
on 23 April 2016
I love this film. It is definitely one of my favourite 'feel good' movies. I'm not going to lie, it's not a life changing film, there's no important message that you walk away with or anything like that... but it's great as what it is, a feel-good chick flick ;).
VINE VOICEon 26 February 2006
All I can say is WOW!
This is what romantic comedies should be like! There's a storyline that isn't far fetched, drama and tears with just the right amount of smooches and mushiness, and to top it off, a fantastic chemistry between the two leads.
Ashton Kutcher has so far done nothing to gain my disapproval with his choices of roles. Whether he be playing a true goof ball such as Jesse in Dude, Where's My Car? or a straighter role like Evan in The Butterfly Effect. He has again made my day with this performance.
Amanda Peet is another actor who I admire greatly. I first saw her in The Whole Nine Yards and knew I'd see a lot more of her. She is awesome in this film, especially as far as the comedy goes. The out-takes alone are worth a watch just to see how well these two really get along.
The basic plot is that the two of them are sharing a flight although they don't know each other. After having been dumped by her boyfriend just before her flight, Peet follows Kutcher into the planes bathroom and they have sex. This seems to be a personality trait in Peet, just to prove that although dumped, she's still attractive to men! Kutcher tries to strike up some sort of relationship when they leave the airport only to be rejected.
A few days later, they bump into each other and spend the day together just sight seeing and chatting. During the day they talk about their futures and Kutcher reveals a detailed plan of his life for the next 6 years. Feeling slightly mocked by Peet's reaction to this, he hands her his parent's number and tells her to call in 6 years time to find out if he really has acheived his goals.
That's the basic plot and it's where the true fun begins. There's a great scene where they drive through the desert in an attempt to cheer Kutcher up, and the scenes with his sister are hilarious but I don't want to spoil it by telling all so I will leave it there.
There's an appearance by Kal Penn of Van Wilder fame here too. (He played Taj the..."Take it through the car wash"... foreign exchange student) His is a very minor role though in comparison.
I recommend this to any fan of a good rom/com. I even made my hubby watch it and he actually enjoyed it!!! Move over Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, there's new talent on the romantic block!
It's well worth every penny because it left me feeling like this... :o)
Enjoy!
VINE VOICEon 14 November 2005
Harsh review elsewhere here! This is really just a remake of Four Weddings and a Funeral, but with three less weddings and no funeral. Kutcher and Peet meet several times over seven years and despite seemingly being destined to be together, things never quite take off. Kutcher's deaf brother helps out in much the same way as Hugh Grants mute brother did in Four Weddings, and you just know everything will end up okay in the end. The storyline may be derivative but the film works well because there is such an amazing amount of chemistry between the two leads, something you can really see in the blooper reel. I don't know what else anyone could really want from this type of film - its not supposed to be a left-field art project! I think its sort of nice to see Hollywood back making romantic comedies that work the way they should, it made my wife happy anyway.
on 21 February 2014
To be clear: I don't tend to watch romcoms, like, ever. And I never saw these actors in anything else. Neither have I watched Four whatever it was romcom which I have seen in other reviews has been mentioned as the film this one ripped off or something. BUT a friend showed me this. And I have to say it goes near top of my list of romcoms I have very rarely occasionally been cajoled into seeing. The plot may wind up as a happy ending, but it's not got the cliche romcom stuff in it. These seem like real people with lives that you get a glimpse into. It's a great concept of transitional life and moments in time caught just like Emily (Amanda Peet's) characters photos. Realistic and clever script. I think well acted for a romcom.
on 27 February 2006
what i love about this film is the very obvious chemistry between the lead characters. it's worth watching, if you're the chick-flick type. there were more than enough moments in this movie that will make you smile and laugh. plus, maybe reminisce about your own experiences.
VINE VOICEon 26 December 2005
A meeting of the mile high club
Love with the proper stranger
A friend to call when things are rough
There’s certainly no danger
Except that every time they meet
(Albeit years apart)
It’s always when someone gets dumped
And has a broken heart
Two actors with no chemistry
Still generate some heat
A dude that cannot find his car
Attracts Amanda Peet
More drama than a comedy
But yes, it’s a romance
They should have cut the klutzy parts
To give Kutcher a chance
It’s definitely worth a look
It’s not a waste of money
The actors do the best they can
With a script that isn't funny
Amanda Richards
on 27 January 2013
the film was perfectly fine until 3 quarters of the way through a scene skips. iIhave tried cleaning the disc, fast forwarding, scene skipping however it will not play.

Unfortunate as the rest of the film was in good condition and no visible damage.
on 7 January 2014
I cant say the performing was bad or the storyline was bad it just didnt do anything. It was boring and apart from a few scenes - I did not enjoy it that much. Even tho I say both Amanda and Ashton did a good job.
on 25 November 2015
One of my all time favourites! Classic rom-com film that I've seen way too many times... Ashton Kutcher is an incredible actor and an eye for the ladies!