on 18 December 2009
I had been wanting to join a Tai Chi class, having read how good the movements are for older people (I'm 76) as well as everyone else. Because there just isn't a class within easy reach of my home I decided to give this DVD a try. Six weeks later, my daily half-hour has become routine. Five minutes of that is the Tai Chi sequence itself. The rest is keeping joints flexible, using acupressure points, and special exercises for improving breathing, circulation, blood pressure, digestion ... a whole range. Mark Johnson is a lovely clear teacher, and at least one of his students was in her 90's - as he explained when she and another student joined him in a demonstration.
on 20 August 2008
I am a very active 71yr. old But like everyone I suffer from aches and pains, I came across this DVD by chance, bought it , not hoping for a miracle, but after only one viewing and performance I feel ten years younger. It works on every part of the body, but SLOWLY. Anyone can do it. The DVD s put together in avery simple way even I could do it straight away.
0Comment| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 July 2009
Bought this for my elderly Mother in Law and she loves it, she goes to classes once a week and she then uses the DVD to top up her fitness levels, a great buy for parents who want to stay fit.
on 23 December 2009
As a senior citizen I am a bit disappointed with the usual videos where you have to bounce about and expend loads of energy. This is fun, fun, fun and so relaxing. Enjoy
on 8 August 2011
This DVD is great for the young and elderly purchest the DVD for my 81year old mother who thought it would help her joints she loves it takes you throu all the movments explaining what they are for in a way you can understand my mother said in a week she feels a lot more relaxed and younger well done
on 10 March 2013
These exercises are great to get your day started. They say they will keep you healthy. And that alone is a must.
This movie has been transferred from VHS, so the quality is less than DVD. Bit cloudy...
What I missed: chapters. Hard to find a certain exercise, so you have to forward till you find it.
Very surprised that nobody thought about adding chapters to this DVD.
The exercised are definitely 5 stars.
It gets 4 stars overall because of the lack of convenience for the customer.
on 10 May 2010
An excellent guide to tai chi for seniors. The exercises were fully explained and illustrated. I would recommend this dvd.
on 3 June 2013
I have a lower back problem and my physiotherapist agreed that Tai Chi was the best kind of exercise for my condition. I find the DVD very easy to follow and am enjoying using it.
on 8 December 2012
Warm up very easy and picked up some good tips however found the actual Tai Chi a bit hard to follow although I have not got very good co-ordination, It is not hard and I am sure if I persevere I will get the hang of it. Sadly there are no classes near me.
on 13 July 2014
this is an interesting dvd in that it's Tai Chi combined with Qui Gung which I've wanted to get involved with as a 'healing' art rather than the 'martial' variety. Viewers need to take it slowly and to perfect each move before they move on to another one (even for the 'warm up') but feel am definitely benefitting from the few I've learned so far. I fit most of them in whenever I can during the day rather than as a complete session all at one time. can thoroughly recommend it.