Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 March 2006
This album is absolutely awesome, it definitely feels like its off the streets of L.A with its mixture of hardcore rock and rap. There are a couple of songs which I remember from the series, I imagine many are the background music which we can't fully hear in the series. This does not mean this cd is just a jumble of songs they have picked out, it has a very 'shield feel to it and I would recommend it to anyone who appreciates international heavy metal and of course rap!
on 9 August 2005
As a big fan of the Shield I couldn't wait for them to release this album, but what a dissapointment. It doesn't have the fantastic song "All my Little Words" by Magnetic Fields which was used in one of the episodes in season 1, it doesn't have Kid Rock's "Bawitdaba" which so brilliantly accompanied the closing sequence on the pilot episode, it doesn't have "Overcome" by Live from the season 2 finale, it doesn't even have the wonderful Spanish song which they used to great effect for the scene where Vic burns Armadillo's face on the grill. I could go on saying what it doesn't have. All you get is a bunch of horrible nu metal tracks and a bit of gangster rap. The only song I found of any worth was "Breakdown" by Tantric, and I had already got their album anyway. This is just my opinion, but if you liked the songs I have mentioned above, I wouldn't bother getting this. I hope they release another soundtrack album with some of the really good music they used on the show. Most of this stuff I barely recognise.
on 25 March 2008
This is an album I've had in my car for 2 years and it refuses to come out. It is an eclectic collection of songs from the gritty streets of Farmington. Doing a compilation of this kind where there are many many great songs from the show is always going to be an impossible task. The producers have tried to accommodate songs across the spectrum and they've done a fairly good job. 4 stars because I was highly disappointed by the X-Ecutioners remix of the intro track.
on 19 May 2016