Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 13 June 2009
My son absolutely loves this dvd I got him for his birthday. I haven't heard him laugh so much for years! Highly recommended and very reasonably priced.
on 30 September 2016
Rubbish. An absolute waste of time and money. Having enjoyed bits of TV Burp was expecting so much better, but this is so unfunny it's insulting. I read the other reviews and wonder if we were watching the same DVD.
on 27 July 2007
I'm slightly ashamed to admit just how funny I found this DVD. After a while I had to pause the DVD and sort myself out - tears were just pouring from my eyes and my jaw and sides really hurt! Very silly, but also very clever. Harry Hill back to his best...
on 9 March 2009
I love Harry's TV burp and had not seen any of his live shows so thought I would try Hooves. When it first started I thought it was a bit childish but as it went on I found it really funny. There were no swear words which I thought great as comedians nowadays seem to use swear words as part of their everyday vocabulary so it's suitable for children.
on 30 October 2008
I'm a BIG Harry Hill fan and this is one of the best I've seen. Not too many songs and interruptions from the Harrys. Not too many interruptions from guests. Just great stand up, silly story telling and friendly audience baiting from Harry.
Stories include his Nan's trip to the zoo, and her embalmment. What sweets he took on his space shuttle missions. Keeping his tools in the back of his van, and a great new system for comparing marine animals with nuts, fruit and snacks.
Guests include Stouffer, who contacts the spirit world to pass on a message from the 'other side' to Becky in the audience. Gary Hill - Harry's son from his first marriage - performing a song and dance tribute to the soul singers of the past. Harry Hill senior tap dancing, and Becky from the audience plays interspecies swing ball with Abu the hamster.
In the finale Harry plays the national anthem as a tribute to Charles and Camilla on the 'hornophone', which is made of bicycle hooters. He's then joined by the Harrys to play 'in the mood', 'the theme from Eastenders', and the 'Pearl and Dean theme'.
It's silly, clever, imaginative and great fun for all the family.
on 29 March 2012
This is by far Harry Hill's best stand-up, those who purchased this expecting the kind of thing you get on TV Burp will be sorely mistaken, it is Harry doing his most entertaining stand-up ever. The fact it is surreal is what makes it brilliant and different from anything you could possibly find anywhere else. This is not some Tedious Michael Mcintyre style of stand-up full of pointless swearing, it is far more unique.

It is best that you look up some of his other stand-up before you purchase this, most notably "An audience with Harry Hill" as this is what you'll be getting.
on 31 October 2007
Does your idea of humour involve watching a rubber cat vomit shaving foam? ("The milk was bad-it should never have been served, the milk"), or watching a ventriloquist's dummy play swing tennis with a toy hamster? Or how about watching a bald man in a tight suit playing the national anthem with bike horns? If so, then you will enjoy the utter daftness of this dvd. As a fan of Harry, I am amazed with what he gets away with as a comedian- jokes with no punchlines, bizarre non-sequitors, but of course, there is method to Harry's madness, particularly in the way he keeps a joke running by making unexpected references back and forward. If you accept the sheer silliness of Harry's world, its hard not to be charmed by the guy, even if I am slightly embarrassed to admit to liking him ;)
on 23 May 2016
I love Harry Hill. He's the only thing that makes 'you've been framed' worth watching. But this live show is kind of disappointing. It's not without laughs, and the musical finale is superb. Perhaps it's the sort of thing that would have been better seen live at the theatre. But to be honest I just didn't laugh that much - 3 stars is possibly a wee bit charitable because I like Harry so much normally.
on 13 July 2009
great family fun - enjoyed by a teenager, and two 40+'s :) Very entertaining
on 2 March 2014
Harry Hill really is the 21st century version of Spike Milligan, I have to say some of his wacky word, image and action associations make him silly and funny in the best possible absurd English eccentric way. Bought this for my partner who loved it.