Customer reviews

on 10 November 2005
This album provides further proof of Lene Marlin's talent as an established songwriter and is arguably her best work to date. It's shocking to think that this incredibly gifted artist has recieved such little exposure on this side of the world baring in mind the quality of albums like this. Indeed this Cd holds up from start to finish with quality all the way from start to finish. Lene's soft vocals and flowing melodies are at times sweet yet also chilling. It's hard to single out individual songs for particular praise on this album however the haunting ballads Hope You're Happy, It's True, and Leave My Mind are stunning while the more upbeat sound of How Would It Be and What If also pack a punch. If you like Dido, Sarah Maclachan, Natasha Bedingfield etc. you'll like this and if you like good pop music that is real and that is not manufactured you'll LOVE this. Without doubt the album of the year.
on 29 January 2006
Nothing but 5 star reviews says it all - and they aren't wrong.
Perhaps a bit more upbeat than previous albums, but very much the same style of music. If you liked either of the previous albums you'll love this one, and if this is the first you get be prepared to want the others.
on 14 January 2006
Hard to believe that anyone would not love this album. Eleven excellent tracks. Lene's record company should do more to promote her music in the UK. After hearing this album, I immediately bought her previous album - Another Day - which is also very very good.
on 2 October 2005
It's been 2 years since Lene Marlin's last album, Another Day...it's been a long wait but this CD has been worth waiting for. I listened to this album 3 times on the first day of it's release, becoming immediately hooked after the first listen. Standout tracks are My Lucky Day, How Would It Be, Never To Know and Eyes Closed. If you like Lene's first two albums, Playing My Game and Another Day, you'll love this.
on 25 April 2007
I absolutely adore this CD - I feel this is as good as pop music can get.

I read her comments on the making of this CD in Japanese in-lay - she secretly recorded this album without letting her record company know to avoid their interventions, and to do what she wanted to do in this CD.

Comparing this CD to the previous two ('Playing My Game' and 'Another Day', both of which I frequently listen to), I feel this album reflects more of her-real-self.

If you have grown tired of ordinary cheesy pops, and want something cheerful yet profound, go for Lene Marlin.

Apparently, she is now recording the next CD. I can hardly wait.
on 18 January 2007
I used to be a Lene Marlin fan a few years ago, but I soon got tired and I had many doubts about getting this record, which is way I waited over a year after its release. I'm glad I decided to buy it and I recommend to anyone who likes good, easy to listen music. This record is the natural follow-up to Another Day, Lene's second album: the lyrics continue exploring love and loss, the songs are generally happier but still personal and sincere. My personal favourites are My Lucky Day, Hope You're Happy, Leave My Mind and the beautiful Eyes Closed. I admit it might sound slightly commercial at first listen, but if you look beyond the surface you'll find a truly talented female artist, and one that - finally - seems to care more about her music than her image. Well done!
on 21 October 2005
Lene's third album finds her on fine form. Her voice and song writing are as strong as ever but this album has a lighter feel than Another Day, which was quite dark in tone (Although my all time favourite record). Lost in The Moment holds those same feelings of loss and abandoment but adds a happier tone. It sounds wonderful, moves you and certainly I found myslef lost in the moment. This is a joy of a record, my favourite this year by far.
For anyone who loves beautifully crafted, tender, soulful songs then do yourself a favour and by this.
on 7 March 2006
Back with a swift follow up to "Another Day", Lene Marlin is not afraid to confront the trials and tribulations of love and all that goes with it. The sound here is somewhat heavier than before and she certainly isn't out to please the Top 40 crowd. Lene has always written with a certain tenderness and that is never more in evidence than here. She's been through it, dare you join her and be "Lost in A Moment"?!
on 15 December 2005
as my fellow amazonians have said below - definitely lenes lightest album to date, lots of uplifting, upbeat material to listen to. my personal favourite being What If - which to my mind contains familiar strains sitting down here from her first album although some would dispute that. in any case - if you enjoyed her first two albums, your collection cant be without this one.
on 22 July 2008
Having previously bought Lene's second album Another Day and enjoyed it, I had high hopes of this one but I can honestly say my expectations were completely surpassed. Moving up a gear from the occasionally vague melodies that dominated Another Day, here Lene shows off her dreamy vocals at their best and produces some of the most beautiful tracks I've heard in a long time. Her lyrics have improved and the melodies are more skillfully crafted and just about every track on this album is work its way into your head. Her sound is moving closer to Sarah Maclachlan's - although guitar rather than piano-dominated. Lene has really come of age with this album.