on 2 March 2008
I bought the Neo-flex for my Samsung 226bw 22'' LCD monitor
This arm is VESA 75 and 100, so it will fit almost all mounting holes on LCD panels
The arm is largely pre-assembled and is of very sturdy construction
After loosening some of the articulation points (they were very stiff) I can move my monitor around, however you have to grab the monitor as this arm is not an assisted arm that you can move around with your fingers, that simply costs more money to manufacture.
It takes a while to get used to moving your screen around, as if you get the forces ligned up poorly the monitor may tilt to face your desk, but this is avoidable by looking at what you are doing when moving the monitor into a radically different position, small motions are fine.
All in all this is a great, neat looking product that is sturdy for the price. THE main benefit for me is the monitor is now raised up above my desk more, aiding true eye-level viewing which is great for comfort and posture. That and I can swivel the TFT toward my bed and watch movies!
If you think you want a stand that clamps easilly to your desk get it, it makes everything look very nice:)
on 24 February 2008
That's all I have to say really. The arm does exactly what it's meant to do, but they really should fire the guy who designed the cable clips. The slightest movement in the cable and the clips pop out of the arm, sometimes flying across the room; and it takes ages to get them to pop back in again.
on 24 March 2017
Excellent condition.... stiff
on 9 May 2014
I have 2 of these which support monitors to either side of my raised Laptop. This enables me to have an extended desktop for easy document comparison while writing up comments or amendment proposals without having to flit between different windows on a single screen.
The products are very sturdy and probably capable of much bigger than my current 17" monitors. Assembly and positioning was very easy with the Allen Keys provided and getting the placement and height right took only a few minutes for each. For initial setup I have used the clamping method, but using the bolt through option looked equally easy once the baseplate had been changed which would only take a few minutes to do. Changing to these from the original desktop monitor stands has also made it very easy to push them aside and reclaim some workspace on the desk when occasion demands.
My only minor niggle is that cable attachment method is a bit flimsy. Although I still use the clips provided they would probably benefit from being replaced with zip ties for more confidence.
Other than that I have had no problems with them and my setup works very well.
on 7 April 2013
I use quite large and frankly ugly monitor arms at work, they are for 30" pro models Samsung / LG and they do the job well. I thought i would use an arm at home for a smaller HP monitor that only does light duty in the lounge for entertainment. Obviously a big wall mounted contraption with visible gas pistons etc would look silly but this slim design is much more friendly.
Adjustment is a bit hit and miss but for a 22" or smaller you can get a comfortable viewing position easily enough. It is easy to mount with a clamp option and is small enough that you only need the base adaptor if your desk top is flush to the wall etc. I have even mounted the unit inverted and nothing went wrong but it was not ideal for my set up. Swivel and yaw works well once properly adjusted and you can comfortably use it for DTP type apps if your monitor is suited. I am glad I went with this version if only for the design aesthetic and it really is good value. One down side, be prepared to fit your own cable management as the supplied clips are frankly useless but you can easily adapt this with a little effort.
on 1 December 2013
This monitor arm, like all Ergotron kit is well built, solid and does exactly what it is supposed to.

You can either tighten up the bolts at the pivot points to have a rigid arm which doesn't move. Or you can loosen them slightly so you can move the monitor out the way when you need more desk space.

My only gripe, like another review I read, is that the cable guides are rubbish. However this can be rectified with cable ties. It would have been a five-star review if it wasn't for that.

I was really surprised a how far it reaches. It is rock-solid at full stretch, unlike cheaper ones which rock back and forth.

Definitely worth spending the money on, leave the cheap ones alone. If you want quality, Ergotron is the brand to buy.
on 28 December 2013
I love this Arm its not too expensive and its fully adjustable no problems so far, i am currently using a 19 inch monitor which connects nicely to the arm, just to add their are too things that i should mention if no-one has already. When i received the kit one of the Alan keys provided did not fit so i had to quickly replace that but that's not a big deal. Then as a really good point for the picture it shows that it is mostly attached to the side of the desk but you can also drill a hole into your desk or with a desk already provided with one and it can fasten itself on top; flush with the surface and screw to place, underneath which i have done and it looks great. So far its absolutely which i was looking for and i am happy with this. Thank you
on 12 March 2010
I bought this for my HP 2207 monitor, which I also use as a TV. The setup was a bit fiddly, in part because of where I installed it. I was and am very pleased with the result, but the cables are getting in the way. The clips by which to guide the monitor's power and data cable are not at all up to the job and come off every time I move the monitor, so I've given up on them. This results in the cables being all over the place all the time and I now have to find another way of fixing them to the arm. Who designed these clips I wonder?? A shame for this otherwise excellent product.
on 18 February 2012
I must say now that I've bought this articulated arm for my 22" computer monitor,
life is a lot easier for me - particularly when I'm wearing prescription glasses
for screen work. Looking back though, if I'd had the extra money, I would have
gone for the next model up in the range.
Still, I think that it's an excellent piece of kit and I would recommend it to
others thinking of getting something other than those awful 'bog-standard' plastic
stands that come with flat screen computer monitors.

T.Moore.
on 2 August 2013
Works very well within its limits, and very easy to fit. I'd personally like it to be a bit longer. The manufacturer hasn't responded to my email asking if there's any way to extend it, if they can sell more middle segments or something, which is a little annoying. Also, the vertical flexibility is a little more limited than I was expecting, but it works.