on 12 January 2006
The software is not complex to use but I did find comverting DVDs for playback on my wonderful PSP was not what I was expecting - for some reason it wants one file to convert. It can be done but you need to go around the houses to get there...and it all takes time. I carried on doing my homework and found another piece of s/w which is absolutely amazing and so bought this one as it speeds up the whole process. You can even strip out trailers,titles etc to make the file smaller - PSP Movie Creator is the best I've found so far! Download a trial to see the quality - try before you buy is my tip for the day.
on 3 February 2006
If you want to buy a PSP video converter i would recomend that you dont buy this one, a lot of the time when you try to convert AVI movies, ect you get a message saying "RUNTIME ERROR" and the conversion stops. I have written to the company but they have not replied so beware, you could be wasting your money.
on 8 February 2006
By far the worst piece of sofware I've ever used! It didn't work once! I tried so many different things.I think you have to be a computer genius or very lucky. Please, please avoid and go to slysoft and buy their dvdclone mobile and anydvd and rip straight to your psp or any other device. Now that's a great bit of software!
on 25 September 2005
I needed something to copy a few family DVD`s to my Psp, and thought this would be ideal. Here is the first few sentences from the online manual: 'In the first place we will form the destiny folder, we say a title to the file, tightened in "Looking for" and we say the folder where is the video. Where it puts destiny is where the video will keep.Already selected the destiny, we will choose the compression level.We have different options: Low 384kbps, Average 576kbps and Discharge 768kbps.According to the memory that we have and the file that we are going to compress he is recommendable one or another compression.' I eventually got it to copy a small file, but only after checking with several friends on how to get the software working. As you can see, the manual is less than worthless!! So if you know what you are doing it may be for you, otherwise look elsewhere.
on 5 March 2006
I have to agree with the majority here. This product is the least friendly to use that I have ever seen/purchased and while I have managed to get it to work (just, but not reliably) I would stongly recommend that you find alternative products. Slysoft DVDCloneMobile is massively superior to use.
on 26 July 2006
Have to agree with the majority of the reviews here. This software came at a premium price when I bought it and has never performed very satisfactorily. There are free applications for download that do a much better job with none of the messing around with frame-rate, sound sample rate etc that this software involves. Generally, it just feels shoddy to use and gives very dodgy results where sound and vision are out of sync! Avoid!
on 1 February 2006
I bought RaPiz for my daughter's PSP through Amazon. I found the whole program very difficult to use. I am not a computer expert, but have been more than able to use any other software I have bought.
RaPiz doesn't explain how to identify the files you need to convert. Furthermore, the program kept crashing. I referred to the on line help - but didn't find it very helpful! Thinking I must be particularly stupid, I asked several friends to try to convert a DVD for me and the best we managed to achieve was to transfer one file in French and a film trailer - not the main event!
Since then I tried PSP Movie Creator on a free trial download and it was FAR easier to use. It costs more but then you get what you pay for.
If you are thinking of buying software for your PSP, I would advise you to steer clear of RaPiz.
on 14 June 2014
The disc arrived promptly but did not work. It loaded OK but the code was the wrong one and in spite of much checking with different font options it still failed. I contacted the seller who tried to suggest that the problem was mine. I contacted them again but there has been no response at all. As a seller they are useless and Amazon should stop using them. Problems can always occur but it is how they are managed that is a measure of how good they are. This seller left me high and dry and just walked away. Avoid them and do not buy their product.
on 3 October 2005
After using other movie conversion software for the PSP, it has to be said that Rapiz is by far the most user friendly and most effective at getting files to the right size and quality to fit on any Memory Stick Pro Duo. The website is well laid out and easy for anyone to understand - I don't know where the previous reviewer got those sample, badly translated sentences from as they don't appear on the Rapiz support website.
An excellent, technically superb product with fantastic after-sales support, Rapiz is an absolute must buy for anyone looking to store videos on their shiny new PSP console.
on 2 October 2005
i have tested this and its faster than the others out there. you must have the latest version as it changed recently. think some people on here have brought the older version. very quick at converting. front end could be easier and nicer to use:)