on 7 June 2010
Bought this soundtrack as it's perfect to use at my wedding in September as background music in the church prior to the wedding. The tracks transport you back to scenes in the film as you listen to them, with beautiful arrangements of original music written mostly for piano, wonderful for those who love the film.
on 11 July 2016
Very pleased with this item and this seller.
on 6 September 2014
Item arrived as expected and in good condition
on 29 May 2013
Anyone who enjoyed the film will love this CD! The music is beautiful - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is a genius!. I would thoroughly recommend this.
on 19 October 2016
Girlf loves it!
on 30 November 2014
The CD is WONDERFUL, THE SONGS ARE BEAUTIFUL AND LOVED , BECAME MY SCORE , ESPECIALLY WHEN DRIVING IN TRANSIT I am ME Stills . Worth it !
on 26 September 2014
As expected
VINE VOICEon 30 September 2005
I saw the film on the day of release (with some scepticism - I do so love Colin Firth as Darcy) but I thought at the time that the music had really helped me enjoy the experience. It emphasises the very strong emotions that the central characters are going through. On listening to this soundtrack, you can really hear the passion, longing, frustration, anger and realisation of true love, all emotions that Elizabeth and Darcy experience in Jane Austen's classic novel. The piano takes centre stage in most of the tracks but violin and more weighty orchestration is introduced at moments of high drama or emotion. For example, you can really sense Darcy's anger and hurt at Elizabeth's refusal of him during 'Darcy's letter' and the moment of the meeeting of their souls in 'Your`Hands are Frozen' is unmistakably dramatic and moving. Darcy sweeps over the ground to where Elizabeth is standing in the early morning light (neither of them can sleep as their hearts are so full), willing to risk everything to see if he can finally win her over. You have to be pretty heartless and devoid of emotion not to understand how he feels at this moment but you can really get a sence of it from the music. I love this album and could listen to it over and over again. Just one criticism, the militia track really breaks the mood for a moment or two, so I wish they had left it off. But this is not enough to detract from the overall excellence of the other tracks so I still give it 5 stars! My advice, read the book, see the film then buy this soundtrack.
5 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2012
The music from this film is absolutely beautiful. It captures both a gentle and more sedate side of life as well as a more (at times) frenetic one. I envisage the scenes as the music plays (which I think is a bonus).
on 18 September 2013
This film is my favourite version of Jane Austen's 'Pride and Prejudice' and I think a lot of this is down to the marvellous soundtrack.