Customer reviews

Odyssey
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 9 January 2011
When I first Hayley singing on the radio, I was so impressed that I went out and bought her CD "Pure" which I really enjoyed. I bought "Odyssey", the second album a while later; I was expecting it to be less enjoyable, as it does seem that a really good first release is quickly followed by a less satisfactory one. Probably usually because the record companies want to cash in on a new rising star, and as a result, the second relaese has less effort put into it.

That doesn't seem to be the case in this instance. The songs are a good mixture of types of music, they are well produced, with Hayley's voice not overwhelmed by really superb instrumentation. The range of music gives her the opportunity to show just what she can do, and it is a real delight to listen to.
on 12 December 2005
I didn't like Hayley's previous album, Pure, very much, mostly because I found the accompaniment weak and lifeless. I bought Odyssey for someone else but decided to play it first out of curiosity. Everyone I've ever spoken with who's met Hayley or worked with her has spoken positively about what a nice person she is, and how professional she is, and that made me want to see what the album is like.
I was amazed from the word go. Hayley's voice has developed in both tone and expression, and the accompanying music on this album is played with feeing and dynamic richness. I liked it immediately, but I couldn't really keep playing someone else's CD, so I ordered another copy for myself. Naturally I'd recommend this album to anyone.
13 people found this helpful
on 13 August 2017
Hayley at her best. Highly recommended
on 21 May 2018
Buy it she has a fantastic voice
on 28 October 2017
Arrived on time, No issues
on 24 January 2018
A very good cd and an excellent seller.
on 4 December 2012
Love her voice. It is so beautiful. Glad I bought this cd. It is lovely and relaxing. Wait till the kids have gone to bed and sit and listen to her soft and melodic voice.
on 21 February 2015
Hayley Westenra is an extremely good singer so the CD lived up to expectations.
on 22 February 2014
Full of wonderful songs. Hayleys voice is beautiful and its sad that most people have never even heard of her. Take a chance and buy this album its a jewel in my collection and im sure it would be in yours too.
One person found this helpful
on 17 November 2015