Customer reviews

Price:£6.99+ Free shipping

on 13 March 2014
Seem expensive for what they are, but they seem to work OK. Nice to have a device that's user serviceable in this day and age I suppose.
on 16 September 2010
Product was exactly as stated, and fulfilled its function well. Fitting the belt was another matter however, and the instructions given do not accurately portray the difficulties encountered. Incredibly long strong fingers are a must!
on 31 July 2017
Genuine part for god price.
on 17 February 2012
Good value for money i.e. got 2 belts + p.p. for less than £4 and much cheaper than a replacement Dyson! I found the supplied belts slightly smaller in length than the original belt although this belt is made for more than just the DC04. Also, could be that the original belt had been stretched over the years.

Fitting it was rather fiddly. Despite what the instructions said, I found it easier to attach to the spindle first and then stretch over the detachable roller with the aid of two flat head screwdrivers. Delighted we now have a working hoover again :-)
on 23 February 2010
This item is advertised as an authentic Dyson spare, the link to Dyson Limited and the images show this. This is NOT the product shipped by this seller, it is a totally generic "unnamed" spare. This seller should not be advertising it as such.
11 Comment| 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2012

The first belt broke two weeks after being inserted in the Dyson machine. The second belt broke the first time it was about to be used after being inserted in the machine.

I am totally disgusted as I thought I had purchased genuine Dyson parts for my Dyson DC 07 upright vacuum cleaner.
on 24 September 2012
Bought in June. These belts looked and seemed like the genuine article but the fact is that both have snapped in my elderly DC04 in a matter of months. What can I say - either it's the Dyson or the belts but given some of the comments I begin to wonder. Can't return as I threw away the first belt in anger.
on 18 July 2011
This is a genuine product which some of the ones offered for sale are not. Hard to fit without the use of some form of lever (try a screw driver to stretch the belt....it worked for me). But once fitted the machine is as good as new. Service from seller was A1.
on 4 October 2012
The belts arrived quickly, not from the above supplier but still through Amazon. Genuine Dyson packaging & product. I fitted the first belt (not an easy task as I have 'sausage fingers') & ensured the roller & belt moved freely without snagging & were properly aligned. I started vacuuming & within 5mins the roller caught on a loose bathroom mat. Immediately I smelt burning rubber & the belt burnt through! Slightly annoyed at having to go through the same difficult installation process I then fitted the second belt. Within 1min the roller caught a 'hidden' sock & although I managed to switch off the Dyson within 1-2secs it still managed to burn through the replacement belt! Very disappointed! The original belt had lasted over 12yrs and in that time had caught many socks, the same mat numerous times & who knows what other things but had not burnt through. I noticed that the product manufacturing date on the back of the packaging was 10/3/05 making these belts over 7 years old. Thinking this may have something to do with the belt failure I sent an email enquiry to Dyson on this point & after 8days of no response ("we aim to reply within 48 hours" said their automated reply... pfft!) I telephoned them. After waiting 6mins(!) for someone to answer I told them the above information & asked whether there was a shelf-life to these belts, I got the very unhelpful reply of "How long is a piece of string?"!! After telling me three times about fitting the belt & making sure it's not snagging I lost heart & gave up... this was going nowhere very slowly.
Make your own mind up about these belts, they didn't work for me, but one thing's for sure... Dyson customer support is rubbish! A shame as I love their vacuum cleaners.
on 7 December 2011
Although the Amazon description is for Dyson DC01/04/07 Belts, the packaging picture says these are also for the Dyson DC14. Which indeed they are.

I got caught out with the old belt snapping and no spare. With a hairy dog to clear up after there was no time to wait for an online order to be delivered from anyone, so I had to travel into town and buy from a high-street superstore for £5.99, plus the cost of fuel and time there-and-back.

Via Amazon I also ordered a couple more spares from L M Electrical so I won't get caught short again. The pair cost £3.89 and free delivery. A whopping 35% discount on the retail price and no travel costs.

Ordered on 05/12/2011 at 22:43 they arrived in this morning's post, 07/12/2011. How good a service is that?

Despite what one reviewer has said, the belts from L M Electrical have the same number as the ones I bought at the high-street superstore, Dyson No 00527-01-01. So, unless one of the biggest retailers in the UK are selling non-genuine parts, I think these must be the real deal.