Format: DVD|Change

on 11 November 2013
It is very slow moving with a quite poor script. It was recommended to me as a one of a kind movie! Waste of time.
on 13 December 2010
After watching his debut, Buffallo '66, I was looking forward to 'The Brown Bunny'.

The first hour or so is utterly bleak. It follows Bud Clay (Gallo) as a motorcycle racer, on a journey to Los Angeles, CA. Along the way we see him interact with various dull women, with no character development or plot to be seen. He is obviously troubled but nothing is explained, I presume this is the point, but does not make me enjoy it any more, just made me want to actually have something to care about. (for more plot go to spoilers section) Mixed into these are what seems about 20 minutes of the film of emotionless driving sequences from the view of passenger seat looking through his grimy windshield. These add nothing to the film and feel like they are there to bulk it up to a decent length for a feature film. These scenes as well as the grainy and odd camera angles seem to be here to turn a very poor film into a `artsy' film. Though I think I may have enjoyed this film as a short film, i.e. <10 mins. The production values were ok, though deeply lacked content. I am a fan of all film types but this is not worth the watch or the small price tag.

<SPOILERS ALERT>

After these encounters, he meets his `Daisy' who he longs for. After an explicit oral sex scene, which does nothing for the character or plot, he then speaks properly about his feelings for first time in the whole film. He speaks to daisy who tells him she is dead, though he knows this, and the film ends with a disturbing flashback of his pregnant ex being drugged, raped and eventually dying due to choking on her own vomit. This scene is nothing like the rest of the film and seems to be there to add controversy and to give it its 18 rating, which appeals to some viewers.
on 3 December 2011
I rented this flick years ago. I must admit it was one of the most boring flick I've ever seen. As I was watching this.. I closed my eyes because it was so boring.
Vincent Gallo.. No wonder everyone in Hollywood hates this guy. If I was in the film business, I wouldn't even go near him.
The Brown Bunny sucks bad. It's not my kind of movie. I'll leave that to the ones who love the movie. Thumbs down!!
on 13 March 2015
Great film the strong sex part I belive was necaessary
on 19 October 2015
Worse than buffalo 66.Pathetic film making.
on 2 September 2015
Very boring ,lost interest after 20mins.
on 24 June 2012
I really liked this film, I came to it with an open mind. I'd read he reviews and know people that had seen it ,and to be honest thought all the hype kinda OTT.
The film itself is quite beautiful in an odd way. Nothing very much seems to happen but I believed it because of that.
Gallo is a towering force of tortured isolation. You wonder all along why he's so lonely and desperate and yes the ending isn't pretty but it does fit. The amazing Chloe Sevigny (blink an you'll miss her), his real life girlfriend at the time is epic as his messed up ex, and the "love scene" is really lifelike you can feel their connection.
Forget what you heard. Give it a go . The music alone is worth it.
on 9 August 2015
Lets be honest, the only reason you are looking into this movie is because you heard Chloe Sevigny performs real fellatio in it.
This is completely true. But you can find that 4 minute scene easily on the web for free if you feel the urge.
To pay to own this film, and sit through the other 90 odd minutes of tripe is way too painful an experience for anyone looking for a bit of salacious celebrity sextape.
on 3 November 2016