on 28 February 2011
Veronica Mars is a brilliant US teen series about a teen detective. Don't be put off by the 'teen detective' bit - it is seriously worth watching. Highly recommended for mother - daughter viewing (though the key relationship is between Veronica and her father.) Series 1 and 2 have an extended mystery with smaller issues that are solved in each programme, series 3 has 2 story arcs. Great characterisation, excellent storylines, fantastic strong lead female and well paced. Issues range from parental relationships, frienship, loyalty, fitting in, to teen cliques, being yourself and standing by your principles. Take care with younger teens as series 1 tackles some serious issues like boys, relationships, drugs, sti, rohipnol/date rape and a murder mystery. If you've ever wondered how to talk to your teen about stuff like this watch it together!

My 14 yr old and I were hooked as were all her friends once she told then about it. Would I let her watch it on her own? Probably not - its too good to miss, there are some serious things to talk about, (and occasionally I needed a translator on hand for US teen talk!. Definately not for pre-teens.

If you watch Gilmour Girls, this is much more gritty, 'real' and challenging viewing. If you watch Vampire Diaries - this has no vampires, not everyone is beautiful but it does have plenty 'rites of passage' drama. This particular edition worked without problem on my Region 2 player, playing in English, even though the box is in French. Good price.
on 11 December 2012
For those who are worried about this being the European import I wanted to reassure you that this plays in English perfectly. The packaging is in German but everything else is in English. Perfect boxset and the only way that we in the UK can own this excellent series.
on 13 February 2015
I rented this on the basis that Kevin Smith (Mallrats, Clerks) stated that this was the best show on television.

Whilst I don't agree with him I have to say I really enjoyed the first series, finding the main character being a smart individualist forced on her by circumstances I won't disclose very appealing.

This series is very well written, smart and fun particularly if you cheer for the underdog in life and resist conformatism.
on 4 May 2015
This is an excellent series. Bell creates her character perfectly: smart, devious, sassy and caring. Superb noir, with clever plot twists, and a well crafted overarching plot. Good supporting cast. I especially like Weevil. I watched this when it was televised, and am just as gripped by it now as I was then. An underrated classic.
on 19 August 2010
Watched it when it it first aired,was an absolute die-hard fan of the show!

Its been so long since id seen season 1 so i bought it :D OMG I LOVE THIS SHOW! Its a tragedy that it was canceled!!

Just ordered season 2, so ill be in Neptune all weekend :D

If your looking for a tv show to get into, this is it-i know its canceled now but there are 3 seasons of bliss out there :DD buy now!

5 Stars
on 5 July 2014
Have been wanting to get this for ages but it was too expensive and only available as region one. I managed to get it at a good price so was so pleased to have it as I just loved the series.
on 26 April 2013
Bought this after seeing bits of this series on E4 (I think). Anyway, yeah, it's fun, sometimes dark-ish, but ultimately occupies guilty pleasure territory. It's a good little, sunny, subversive (at the time, perhaps), series. I can understand why it's not more popular - some of the subject matter is not the kind of thing more mainstream US shows delve in to. That said it's one of those shows: if you like your cheeky little US series to be a bit different, but at the same time populist, then you might really dig it. I'm looking forward to the next series now...
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 June 2016
Never heard of it before AMAZON PRIME. Love it now. Becoming obsessed. Working my way through to the film.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 18 January 2015
Love this show. Loved it when I first saw it on tv and love the fact that I can now watch it whenever I want. God bless the boxset!
on 9 February 2014
Like the other reviewers said, the DVDs can be played in English so don't worry about that. The image quality was really good, especially considering how old the series is now. I bought these because of the impending movie release (hopefully in the UK too!)