Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 2 October 2014
What can you say about the Naked Gun. Once seen you'll never forget Ayatollah Khomenei's mohican haircut or Frank Drebbin wiping off Mikhael Gorbachev's birthmark. I knew it, he growls, and that's in just the first few minutes. Priscilla Presley says, I believe in safe sex and Frank Drebbin says, so do I , and you see them head to foot in gigantic condoms. Wonderfully silly.
on 22 November 2015
A few very light scratches, but played perfectly. Good to catch up with Frank Drebin from Police Squad! I had already seen the first two years ago, but part 3 was new to me! Would recommend it, especially since its selling for peanuts! Mines cost pennies.
(While writing this I just read that a remake is in the works. Please no!).
on 6 March 2017
Gave us a real belly laugh. Just what's needed in these troubled times!
on 23 August 2016
Humours a bit dated now but still a classic trilogy
on 29 May 2017
For the price paid (used), this was a bargain and the DVD's are just as funny as we remember them when they first came out.
on 11 June 2017
Quick delivery and loved the films , Leslie Nielsen you are so missed
on 14 May 2017
Was meant to order Police squad but accidently ordered this. I have already seen them all and they are without a doubt a great bunch of films. Loved watching them as a kid and for £4 they're a steal!
on 12 June 2017
I can't stop watching these duds they make me laugh every time
on 12 May 2017
Just whats needed to lift the spirits. Laughed till it hurt.
on 4 November 2004
In my opinion naked gun is brilliant, thats pretty vague, but for me it has to be spontaneous humor that gets me, things that you think should go really smoothly but thanks to Frank Drebin often never does. Naked gun is based on the TV series Police Squad, and each film Frank Drebin and his team have to solve a certain crime, and following a strict police code *sarcasm* to solve the crime results in instant laughs.
Ive found with the movies you have to watch them more than once to notice all the gags, or just laugh at the same ones. The actors for all characters are supurb, all actions, expression and talking is done brilliantly. The three movies now sit happily on my DVD rack, I thought it criminal keeping them in the box and not on display for the world to see, or least anyone that enters my room.
Special features are lacking but to be honest they arn't needed it's the film you want, there is a directors commentry with director/writer David Zucker, Producer Robert Weiss, and Peter Tilden, and theatrical trailers.
So overall whether or not your a fan already of naked gun, or want to give it a try this is definatly worth getting, guaranteed laugh for all.
22 Comments| 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse