This is one of the best Playstation games for children. It starts off with a training walkthrough which is fun as well as 'teaching' the controls.
In the main game there is enough to keep you occupied for weeks with several layers of gameplay so younger kids and older kids can enjoy it.
The gameplay consists of collecting ooze, scaring nerves which are a bit like pinochicco and collecting tokens. There are some mini races with Randall too. You can choose to be Mike or Sully in the game and they are amusing characters just as in the film (although slightly different but great voices).
My 5 year old has been able to pick up this game and it has been extremely entertaining and I've enjoyed playing it too - collecting ALL the tokens and scaring ALL the nerves is challenging but great fun.
There are several different locations and settings which keep the gameplay fun and varied. Even now the gameplay is completed my children still like playing this game.
Highly recommended.
on 27 April 2010
This game is brilliant.I used to have a ps1 version of this. The PS2 game for this is dead awesome. My favourite character is Mike. It is a bit tricky for the jumping with Sulley and Mike. The easy thing I like is scaring the nerves. My favourite scare move for Sulley is he gets a cardboard box with a monster face on it and scares the nerve. It is a bit tricky to attack the toys because they don't like monsters. It could be suitable for all ages. My dad and my little sister like it too. When I got the first version I was in P1. I am in P3 and I still love it. OH YEAH!
on 19 March 2009
This game truly is fun for all ages. Suitable for children and adults (big kids!). One of those games that can be played over and over again, (my mum is now playing it for the 4th time!!). Good graphics. Game consists of 4 areas each with 4 missions to collect bronze, silver and gold medals. Well worth the money. also has clips from the film too!.
on 19 May 2014
THIS IS A GREAT ONE FOR KIDS THAT DOES NOT INVOLVE SHOOTING ETC SO KEEPS THEIR NOSES CLEAN AND INNOCENCE INTACT.THAT IS A MAJOR THING I HAVE TO THINK ABOUT WHEN BUYING MY TWO BOYS GAMES!!!!!!!!!!! :-)) XX
on 5 August 2012
This is a super game and being on the PS2 doesn't spoil it at all - plus the cost is way down from the high end consoles (something to consider) - children don't mind this at all. It's good fun and I enjoy it too. My child is 6 and my age has a 6 in it too!!
on 29 July 2010
Have just opened this game after arrived yesterday and my little boy was all excited. However when the disc plays it's all in French. The instructions and the narration. I can't find an option anywhere to change this. The box and the instructions in the box are both in English. Is this just the wrong disc or am I missing the language option somewhere?
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2010
Product was despatched fast, pretty good price, bought it as a Christmas present
for my daughter so it was only opened on the 25th Dec only to discover the disc is
in French. Box and manual etc all in English. No point trying to return/refund as it was bought well over 30 days ago!
on 31 August 2010
Daughter couldn't wait to play the game, can you imagine the disappointment when we found out the disc was all in FRENCH!! The booklet and cover were in English so we could read what to do but not understand anything on the disc. Sent it back for an immediate refund.
on 15 October 2010
I entered the wrong game review earlier as no ghosts in this PS2 game.

This my review:

It is quite a complicated game to get into but once in it is quite interesting searching scare island for objects.

I would say it is more suitable to older children age 9 and above
on 28 December 2010
I bought this game for the kids who were so excited to receive it on Christmas day, only to discover it was in French. The instuctions and box were in English but not the game. Much dissappointment :(

See one answered question