on 25 November 2012
Scaredy Cat I brought this game for a child who has special needs ,and he really enjoyed playing it with another child,it also helps with the counting the birds, turn taking & interact with other children. Evening the Adults like playing as well.The other children in school ask when I am bringing this game in, they love playing with it very much.I would recommend this game for any age group include the adults , it is fun to play.
on 1 January 2014
I absolutely love this game. I was bought it as a child, and played it endlessly. I have recently rediscovered it with young family.

It can be a really quick and lively game - if you don't shuffle the pack when you return your cards to the discard pile on drawing a cat - or it can be a very long and lively game, should you follow all the rules and reshuffle the pack every time you lose your birds to a cat.

You can vary the game - for example, not revealing the number of birds that you have until the scarecrow is complete - or by choosing to only reshuffle birds and cats into the pack until 5 out of 6 parts of the scarecrow are built - making a final rush to finish.

It is also educational, as children will count the birds without thinking about it - or a fun drinking game for adults only, with a shot being sunk each time you draw a cat.
on 10 May 2012
I brought this for my 4 year old son to help with his counting past 10. He loves playing the game, he gets excited with the anticipation of getting a cat, and his counting is definitely improving from counting the birds. Would defiantly recommend. My 5 year old loves playing it too.
on 30 December 2011
My husband and I have been playing this with our 5 and 7 year old, and its just great! Great for my daughter to practise counting, shes 5, and she counted to 44 today for the first time, thanks to the birds.
on 27 July 2013
My 3 year old loves it and plays it all the time along with his other Orchard game; Shopping List!! I would highly recommend, and as a literacy volunteer Orchard Toys are used regularly to help children with reading, communication, and confidence, and they love playing the games!!!
on 16 July 2014
My children have lots of orchard games! We haven't been disappointed with any of them. This is a lovely game, doesn't take too long to play, just long enough to keep the children's attention. All orchard games are very well made! I like that they are fun to play but educational!
on 2 January 2012
I bought this for my just-turned-3-year-old and it's great! It's really good for practising counting higher numbers. My nearly-5-year-old loves it too. There's also a bit of suspense added to it because you're always waiting to see if a cat card comes up to scupper your plans of winning! Definately recommend.
on 4 May 2013
You can play this game at 2 levels. One in a simple way and the other with more detailed counting. When you get one of the Scaredy cats it is a blow but quite funny too. I like the fact that the playing cards are strong.
on 4 January 2014
Another brilliant family game from Orchard Toys. My son (5) had this for Christmas. My daughter (7) loves it too. Great for counting skills and teaching children to be good losers! My favourite one so far- we have a bookcase full
on 29 February 2012
My 4 yr old and I played this at a friends house and had to buy it immediately. I also have a 6yr old and the three of us have played it several times every day ever since it arrived. We also ordered it for a friend's birthday present at the weekend. Both my boys love counting and adding and this game can encourage them with that so everyone's a winner! This is a really fun game, well made and durable, and educational.