Customer reviews

VINE VOICEon 17 February 2007
Someone has stolen my thunder. I too have seen Moishe's Bagel live (in a barn somewhere in rural Carmarthenshire), and what an experinece it was! I bought this CD from them on the spot, but when I got it home and played it I was mildly disapointed. The musicianship came across, but the sound was a bit thinner, and the atmosphere of the live gig was lacking. Never mind. Get this CD; you won't be disappointed. But if you get the chance, do go to see them live. They are wonderful. The variety of rhythms packed into each number, and the way every note is stretched and bent beggars belief. I defy anyone to listen to this stuff and keep still. The only way to do it is on your feet, bouncing and swaying with wild abandon.
on 26 January 2006
I just love this cd. The combination of Klezmer, classical and jazzy overtones means it swirls along at the pace of a whirling dervish, and very unusual to find a piano in Klezmer music. I know it is their first cd but I believe they are going places.
They are a Scottish group, young, fresh and extremely talented. I urge Amazon to put some sound clips on for their cd.
on 18 October 2006
The reason I've given "Don't Spare the Horses" only 4 stars is that I've seen Moishes Bagel live, and that's EVEN BETTER! They played in a local Village Hall, the W.I. were out in force, complete with floral dresses and moustachioed husbands, and by the end of the night EVERYONE was on their feet clapping and stomping to the rhythm! And what a rhythm these lads put down, from a slow and gentle start to a frantic (yet still clear and tuneful) crescendo, with an occasional full-stop thrown in to catch the punters out! Buy the C.D., put it on loud and just try to stop your feet moving. You won't be able to, I promise!