Customer reviews

The Unraveling
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 22 February 2004
This album reflects deeply on many issues, love, hate, betrayal and rising above peoples perceptions of you. If the lyrics are'nt technical enough for you (of which i doubt) the music is so intense, so melodic but somehow so hard-hitting! The lyrics in the art of losing are so true to so many people's realtionship problems with others, and the music in the song the unraveling is so brilliant it left me shocked...and to this day a year and a half later it still does...
''You took advantage of the trust that i gave
took my forgiveness
rubbed it back in my face.''
(The art of loosing)
The new album from Rise Against, i found, a little bland. I guess thats because this album really does stand out beyond any other i have, in terms of orginality, music quality and relating the songs to your life...This CD, for me, was life-changing, not that im trying to make too much of a deal out of an album, but it showed me music which i never thought would exist..A whole album of quality songs, not one to be missed.
on 14 November 2005
I bought this album after hearing (and falling in love with) siren songs of the counter culture. When this one came out I just had to buy it. It was definately NOT a mistake!!!
This album was quite different. There were a lot more guitar riffs and they were more significant than in ssotcc. The vocals were just as good. The music was a bit heavier in this one. I'm not really sure what else I can say about it (I'm not really a music expert).
My favourite songs are 'alive and well', 'my life inside your heart', '401 kill', 'the unravelling'!!!! 'everchanging', '1000 good intentions' and of course 'gethsemane'. I know I mentioned a lot of them but if I wasn't being so picky I would have put them all down.
So if you like this sort of genre I' very confident you will love this album. I'm not going to garauntee you will but my strong advice to you is to buy it!!!!!!
on 7 January 2002
A welcome injection into the Fat Wreck camp. Rise Against join Sick of it all as the labels foray into the mad bad world of hardcore. 16 of the finest shouty songs i own. Although its not the shouty type stuff u expect from Snapcase or Strife due to some super melodies injected into the mix. Check out tracks like 'My life inside your heart' or the fantastic 'The art of losing'and you'll see what i mean. Buy it NOW.
on 23 September 2004
A little rawer, a little quicker. That's the general theme of Unravelling after listening to Revolutions Per Minute.
So what do you get? Quick, catchy, well written punk songs. The screamy isn't too screamy and the melodic vocals are heart-string tugging and caressing all the same.
on 15 January 2006
I bought this album when it originally came out a few years ago, after hearing the track "Join The Ranks" on a Fat Wreck compilation CD, and I was completely blown away. I spent the next couple of years constantly telling people about how awesome Rise Against were, because I wanted them to get the recognition they deserved. Now that they're getting it, I couldn't be happier for them.
Most American bands at the moment are terrible, thanks to the ridiculous "fashion-core" (I mean, what the Hell?) movement. Rise Against show that there are still at least some American bands worth listening to, as opposed to NO British bands.
If you like Strike Anywhere, Propagandhi, or Sick Of It All, you'll like Rise Against.
Buy this re-issue, then but their other two albums.
on 16 October 2015
Not their best album.
on 11 August 2004
I purchased Rise Against's second album first (Revolutions per Minute) and I loved it. They instantly became my favourite band as it was so good to listen to. Consequently I wanted to hear more of them and purchased their first album (Unravelling) and when I listened to it I was very disappointed, nothing really stood out as amazing in this cd. They still remain my favourite band and this album does have some good songs, eg. Alive and Well, Great Awakening, Everchanging and 1000 Good Intentions. I suppose my hopes were too high from listening to 'Revolutions per Minute' first. Rise Against still kick ass!!!
on 9 March 2006
a good album. a mix of pop/punk melody with hardcore(ish) vocals. but it works so well. very catchy. would recommend to anyone who likes old school green day, old school offspring, blink, bad religion, autopilot off
on 5 April 2015