Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 July 2013
I saw this band Live at The Africa Oye Festival in Liverpool. their presence on stage is matched by great music on this album.
a wonderful mixture of seventies Dub reggae with African styling and a pounding bass that lifts the roof.
After getting this album I haven't been able to take off the car player.
I hope they manage another Album soon.
on 23 July 2010
The band Yaaba Funk are fabulous and this album is a fantastic debut. A great mix of Hi-Life and Afrofunk guaranteed to make you feel good. I've bought this album for myself and also as presents for friends - they've all loved it too. I'd highly recommend it - go and see this band live if you can, they play in various venues across London and give a brilliant, high energy performance!
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 August 2011
They are much better live, but then aren't all bands! So that saying, I was a little disappointed with the CD, as I have seen them live at an Amnesty Internation Show the week before. But none-the-less, still a worthwhile CD to my growing collection.