Customer reviews

on 7 October 2011
Egg shell unuseable as had been squashed nearly flat in the packaging. The fried egg is good, so I will be keeping it, but the shell is going in the bin. I have tried to reshape it but with no luck. However, having read other reviews, I am not going to try any more.
on 29 December 2009
Difficult for kids to open as the metal outer shells are tight fitting. Textile egg inside OK for what it is.
on 14 January 2010
very disapointed much to hard for 3yr old to open, shell to small waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 26 March 2010
My kids and I love this but none of us can open it easily enough to be used much. I have a 2 and a 4 (and a half) year old and we all get a bit frustrated with the surface being too smooth to get a grip on.
VINE VOICEon 25 August 2011
A simple toy which doesn't look much, but granddaughter loves it and has great fun "cracking" the egg into her fry-pan and serving breakfast. An inexpensive stocking-filler which encourages dexterity, imagination and social skills and is pretty indestructible.HABA Food Fried Egg
on 30 August 2015
cute for play kitchens, beware of dividing egg shell, really not for under 3's who may try to put it into mouths. All young children with such play items should be supervised anyway. But keeping the shell away from the younger ones and letting them have the egg for play kitchens is just as good!
on 26 April 2011
Following on from the other reviews, the shell isn't greatly designed. Both me and my daughter keep getting the bottom half of the shell stuck inside the top half when we try to close it. Also, my daughter only had it yesterday, has been playing with it only inside on carpet, and the shell is already dented and starting to lose some paint. Even as I was writing this my daughter ran to me frustrated because she couldn't get the egg shell open again. Saying that, my daughter does seem to enjoy playing with it, both with her toy frying pan and pretending to be a chicken laying an egg!
on 11 August 2016
I bought this 6 years ago, my daughter still has it, it gets used and is still in good condition