Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - U2 Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

Ghostbusters/Ghostbusters 2 [DVD] [2005]
Format: DVD|Change

VINE VOICEon 29 November 2008
In this boxset there are the two movie discs and a little "movie scrapbook". The movie scrapbook is a little book (about 12 pages) with some interesting facts and drawings about the movies (a nice addition to the 2 DVDs).

The movies are as good as I remember, as a child I used to be so scared of even the thought of the pink slime! Bill Murray is a legend!!

Excellent value for what you get! Everyone should own this!
VINE VOICEon 2 March 2006
These films bring back so many memories of when I first saw them in the cinema. Great effects great for the then mid 80s and a good story line. A great family film I have been waiting for a long time to get these films together in one package and it hasn't disappointed. If you are a fan of the Ghost Busters or indeed the actors like Bill Murry Rick Moranis and so on then you will enjoy this! Buy it now to add to your DVD collection! 5 stars doesn't do it justice.
on 10 July 2006
Two of the greatest movies of the 80's!! When I was really young I used to rent Ghostbusters out on VHS at every oppurtunity. It was great. I loved it and to me it's part of my childhood. I still watch it occasionally now. I will never get bored of these movies. A very nice addition to this set is the inclusion of two of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon episodes which I also remember watching. Fantastic. I love these films. Who ya gonna call?!
on 7 July 2015
The greatest films of all time :) Well, maybe not but they're definitely cult classics and my personal favourite films!
These 2 films look awesome on Bluray. It's a must for any Ghostbusters fan!
The extras are excellent with deleted scenes, commentaries and much more!
I really can't recommend this boxset enough and all for under £7.....BARGAIN!!!
on 13 January 2016
Amazing film very funny brought back happy memories 3 very funny actors
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 August 2009
Such a shame the BD format is so poor, with noise on the screen displayed by a grainy effect. I expected a clear and detailed format, look at other reviews of BD format and avoid if you can, why pay all that money for BD when the DVD format is virtually the same apart from a few extras on BD. One of the best films of the 80's genre with proton packs, slime jet packs and special effects that still look good now. With a good serving of action, a pinch of comedy and a dash of romance all makes up a good serving of fun for most ages. If you're not a sci-fi fan then this isn't for you with ghost chases, catches and supernatural goings on, all fictional but harmless fun. These two helpings of the film franchise were a hit and sales are looking good for BD release (avoid). The first being the most memorable from slimmer, to GODS and Demon dogs to a giant marsh mellow man, to the second helping of an Evil talking painting bent on taking over the world using supernatural abilities to control a loyal subject and tries to become human again via the body of Sygorney Weavers(Aliens, Copycat) child. Not forgetting the stream of ooze under the big apple and oh and not forgetting a statue of liberty coming alive to do battle with the Evil Lord of darkness. Yes, all a little far-fetched but the music, special effects and the corny acting delivered by an up-coming cast with the screenplay written by Dan Aykroyd (My Step Mom's an Alien, The Great Outdoors) and Harold Ramis (Knocked Up, Stripes), Bill Murray (Meatballs, Stripes), Annie Potts (TV's "Designing Women"), and Rick Moranis (Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Spaceballs). Both these films for a 12yr old boy were amazing, first Star Wars, Empire Strikes Back, E.T then these, watch them, love them. Try the game too if your' a gamer (PS3) or whatever format you prefer. Adrian Shawcroft
on 1 July 2015
I already had the earlier release of Ghostbuster on Bluray but it was cheaper to buy both than just the sequel.

These "mastered in 4K" versions are leaps and bounds above the quality of the original release. A much clearer picture with far better colours and contrast. If only I could see it in native 4K now.
on 30 January 2012
For anyone who has never seen these movies...what are you waiting for? The story is great, a great balance of the supernatural and heros without taking itself too seriously. The effects are definately ahead of its time. Brilliant! I enjoyed every minute. The second disc has the original cartoons in the extras too. Genius!
on 13 January 2015
What can I say that hasen't been said about GHOSTBUSTERS. One of the best films made in the last 30+ years. You never get bored watching it. GHOSTBUSTERS 2, not as good, but still a great sequel. Now you get both films in this set, with extras and digital codes, you can't go wrong. Fab watching. Who ya gonna call?????
on 12 March 2015
I am really surprised how good this edition look. 4K video is not what I expected (maybe am expecting too much from this technology :D) I wouldn't say it is any better than "normal" (non 4K) picture. Availability of various subtitles made me happy as well so... 5 stars left. No issue.