Price:£16.99+ Free shipping

on 6 October 2010
We have two large, boisterous rescue dogs (each weighing about 40kg) and the Easy Walk harness is a miracle-worker! I'm currently 8 months pregnant and can walk both dogs together with no fear of being pulled by them.

The lead clips to the harness at the front of the dog's chest so if they try to pull it turns them towards you (a similar principle to the Gentle Leader head collar, but our dogs always found the head collar too distracting as they didn't like having something around their noses). This front clip on the harness makes it unique (as far as I'm aware) vs other dog harnesses, which tend to attach the lead between the shoulder blades. When a dog pulls on a traditional harness they can learn that pulling on the lead is what makes them go forwards so do it all the more. They also get an exercise "high" from straining at the lead in this way which makes them want to keep on tugging (a bit like being a sled dog). The Easy Walk harness has the opposite effect as it turns the dog towards you (so away from the direction they were trying to pull in) and gets them to focus on you.

We've been using these harnesses for 5 years, they are durable and come up like new after a quick spin in the washing machine (not sure what it's doing to our washing machine drum, but our dogs are lively so do a fair bit of rolling in mud and swimming in their harnesses). We had to purchase our Easy Walk harnesses from the States because they weren't available in UK, so it's great to see them for sale through a UK website.

As you can probably tell I can't recommend these harnesses highly enough. We've spent hours in dog training classes with our boys but they could never be relied on to walk to heel for more than a few minutes before getting distracted. Using the Easy Walk harness I can proudly walk along the street with one dog perfectly to heel on each side of me, so they look like the best trained dogs in the world!

P.S. On re-reading this review, I thought I'd better point out that I don't work for the manufacturer I just love the product! :o)
on 3 March 2014
This harness was recommended by my dog trainer for my golden retriever, who was pulling quite badly. It worked almost instantly and my trainer has never known it not to work. Best used with liberal training treats along the way to keep the dog's attention on you! It really does work and has made our walks enjoyable instead of downright dangerous. I cannot recommend this harness highly enough. I've had dogs for 60 years and never known anything like this. The key to it is the lead attachment on the chest rather then the back. When your dog tries to get ahead the tension on the lead turns him around slightly, so he feels he is going to go in the opposite direction to what he wanted. It doesn't take long for them to work that out and stop pulling. The best walking aid I have ever known. Correct fitting is a little looser than I would have thought, to ensure it doesn't chafe. Give it a go - you won't be disappointed.
on 19 May 2012
We have a very lively, yet lovely, young Labrador who loves to lead on walks. Having endured sore elbows and shoulders for several months, a fellow sufferer recommended this harness. It is great. I have tried several others but this is the one that works. Only caveat is to be sure to get the right size for your dog as it can be hard to fit. That said, dog and I are more relaxed using this and he looks less like he is going into battle each time we leave the house.:-)
on 25 February 2013
If you have a dog that you think cant be trained to heel (just like we had), then this is just for you. No more aching shoulder, no need to shout like an idiot. Just remember, a rear fastening harness will make your dog want to pull. This allows the lead to fasten at the chest and stops the pulling.
on 5 June 2013
It's simple physics, they work, and they work well. This is an inexpensive harness and if you shop around you can get it for a much better price. It's well constructed and fairly easy to fit, however it does have a few drawbacks:

After initial fitting, it does work loose during use and needs constant readjusting either prior/during or after use.
The belly strap fastening clip lies under the dogs right armpit and causes sores. You can turn the harness upside down, but this just moves the clip to the left armpit and makes that side sore instead. A tip I received was to wash it and then rub butter, Vaseline or baby oil or something into the straps to soften them, but it's not just the straps that rub, it's the fastening clip too. Also lubricating the straps in this way also causes them to slip more. Another option is to make a sleeve from Vet Wrap or some fleece or something and make a soft, non-friction cover for the belly strap so it doesn't rub behind the legs.

Seems a shame really that such an effective piece of kit suffers from a few basic design flaws, such as the choice of materials used and the ill thought out positioning of one of the fastening clips. If you're prepared to tweak it a bit, then it's a good solution for pullers/reactives/anxious dogs, or physically challenged handlers.
on 13 August 2013
I have a large rottweiler cross labrador who constantly pulled on the lead, so much so that only my husband or sons could walk her. From the first time I put the harness on she has walked like a dream. I am really happy as it means that I have been able to take her on long walks for the first time on my own.
on 23 January 2012
I have just purchased this product and I can honestly say the change in my dog was instantaneous. I have a 2 1/2 year old black labrador weighing just over 40 kg who can be a nightmare to walk. He is extremely strong and likes to pull ahead and no matter how many times I correct him, he still pulls. It got so bad that I was the only one who was strong enough to hold him to walk. God forbid he should see a cat!

As soon as I put this harness on him, when he started to try and pull, he just stopped next to me and waited. I didn't have to hold on to the lead tightly or pull him back. To be honest, it was a little weird how instantaneous and total the effect was, but obviously it must feel unusual to him to be pulled to the side when he tries to surge ahead and so he just walked nicely beside me. It made the walk a joy from start to end, and now my children will also be able to walk him and save me some effort!

I am always a little wary of reviews as sometimes they seem too good to be true. In fact, I recently bought something else from Amazon which had extremely good reviews and turned out not to be anywhere near as good as I had anticipated. This is completely the opposite. The reviews all seemed good, but for me this is a miracle cure! Thank you.

Also, it was delivered from the States even before the earliest predictive delivery date!
on 2 February 2013
Easy to use and does not cause the dog any distress at all. Unlike the head collar which is impossible to get him to wear. He is a big strong male doberman and walks are now so much easier.
on 10 March 2013
Did not find adjusting this too easy I have to say or trying to figure out which bit went where. It has eased or 9 month old Labs pulling; he was a complete pain and walking him held no appeal especially for me! Has made thins better
on 1 February 2014
I purchased this harness for my large, long coated, 9 month old Alsation bitch. Heidi doesn't pull on the lead constantly, only when she see's another dog approaching, when she gets strong and lunges forward. I have used the Halti and the canny collars, both don't work , and neither does this new harness which has been tried for the past 2 weeks. I'm real disappointed with the item.
I found it difficult finding the 'right' fit, I noticed that the front rings are heavy and these tend to droop…. I have attached the lead to the centre of the shoulders band and seem to have more control from this point. I could have bought a well made padded halter with the shoulder attachment for £10.99, instead of spending several more pounds for something that doesn't work for Heidi and me!.

On the plus side, this halter is well made, with good quality stitching and metal furnishings, but too expensive for what it is!