on 20 August 2006
I have owned two grill's before but this is far the best. Sponging water on to the grill to clean it was a big problem, not any more. Just remove the plates and wash them in the sink, great.Variable temperature control is excellent as well as the timer. This is an excellent grill and I would recommend it to anyone. Well done Amazon £25.00 cheaper than Argos.
0Comment| 98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 October 2005
Very easy to clean - plates remove very easily and really don't need to go into the dishwasher. As with other George Foreman grills I have used, I find it advantageous to turn food since one half always seems hotter than the other. Timer goes up to 20 minutes. It takes several minutes for the grill to reach maximum temperature so timer might need to be altered at that point. Only slight problem is that when lifting the lid to check on the food, it is very easy to accidentally switch off the power. A handle would be a good idea. Otherwise it is excellent.
0Comment| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 January 2007
This is a very good grill, however, there is a problem with the grill plates when put in the dishwasher. Unless you use a a very specific detergent and use the top basket in the dishwasher, the metal on the back of the plates (not the cooking side) goes black / grey and a powder comes of it - this makes an incredible amount of mess. I am currently in dispute with the manufacturers, who admit they are aware of the problem, and there is only ONE dishwasher detergent they have found which does not cause this problem. I wont name it here, but I think it is the most expensive one there is.

The fact that only one detergent does not cause this problem tells me that the problem is one for George Foreman to sort out with regards to the materials used to manufacture the plates.

Like I said, an excellent grill, but not ideal for dishwashers.
33 comments| 108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2007
This was my 4th Foreman, the previous ones all having expired through hard use and non stick failure. Thought the removable plates would be a good idea but they completely ruin a good product. Heat transfer between the elements and the cooking plates is insufficient resulting in much reduced cooking temperature. End result, Pale insipid food, steamed rather than grilled. Mines gone back. BUY ONE WITH FIXED PLATES!!!
11 comment| 74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 7 July 2010
Received it yesterday to replace a traditional model with non-removable plates, bought some sirloin steak to cook and couldn't wait to try it out. My previous model had to heat up for 5 mins prior to cooking but there wasn't a temperature guide so I love this versatility on the new model. The steaks were on for 9 minutes, we like ours medium well and they were perfect. The only criticism I would make is that they didn't have the 'griddle stripes' so they looked a little anaemic but they were cooked beautifully. The plates took about 2 minutes to wash up and it's back in the cupboard. If anybody has any doubts about buying this product because of the mixed reviews, I say go for it, it's well worth the investment.
on 11 September 2007
Why didn't I read the earlier reviews. this GF has been a disaster. Like another reviewer we abandoned a fixed plate grill which wore out for the easily cleaned removable plates. It takes ages to warm up, and it is warm rather than hot. It doesn't grill it bakes! Avoid!
22 comments| 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 May 2007
Bought this grill as replacement for previous George Foreman which simply wore out through use - it was brilliant and the only change I would have made to it was to have removeable plates to make it easier to clean. Hence, I purchased the 12205 - worse mistake I ever made - takes aeons to heat up then switches itself off when it thinks it's hot enough (it never is). Countless times I have to finish steaks etc in a frying pan so it was a complete waste of money.
11 comment| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2007
I'm now on my replacement grill, [...], and this is even worse than the first! Unlike my original Baby George Foreman grill which is still behaving impeccably after several years use, this one doesn't heat properly, takes forever to reach the required temperature on the digital panel and then is nowhere near the temperature shown. The first 12205 had no heat on the bottom plate and this one has little on either. Its a big disappointment, probably due to the removable plates - the precise reason I chose this one.
on 12 February 2008
i have always used george foreman grills and out of the 4 i have owned in the past this is by far the worst .it takes forever to warm up and ends up boiling the meat you are cooking by not gettig hot enough to keep juices in. stay well away!!!
on 11 April 2007
I dont often write reviews for items I purchase on Amazon but after owning this grill for 2 months I thought I just had to let potential purchasers know how great it is. I've even persuaded my mother-in-law to purchase one now. Great design and even grilling. The plates are a doddle to clean. I would definitely recommend this grill to anyone wanting to purchase a George Foreman. Well worth spending that little extra on a top spec grill!