Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 19 July 2017
excellent
on 18 December 2012
This movie is like Supernatural meets the Omen, a dark journey through blood guts and gore, to a truth that will leave you wondering and wanting more. I wish this was a series. If you love Stephen King style horror or worship Jensen Ackles then this is a must buy. Love it!
on 18 July 2017
Great film loved it
on 10 April 2017
Awesome.
on 5 October 2013
Jake is having weird day dreams. When he turned 21, his stoned friend Conrad signs him up for an on-line game called "The Pathway" where you are called by phone and told to do something. Dakota, "his friend with benefits" is also part of the game. Jake starts to freak out when his horrible dreams come true. He turns to mystic friend Marisol to help him unravel what is going on.

From the back cover you can tell Satan is involved in this somewhere. The acting was stronger than most B horror movies. The plot moves along at a good clip without many slow scenes.

The f-bomb gets dropped a few times. Plenty of blood, light on gore. Sexual situation, simulated sex and brief nudity. Some good old fashion techno Satan worshiping sound track.

Minor, fairly predictable plot twists and of course Mr. S himself. Solid 4 star satanic thriller.
on 27 July 2008
My father once told me that if you're a real fan of an actor, you take the good with the bad. That's exactly what Devour is - taking the bad.
As a lot of people admit, I only bought this as I'm a fan of Jensen Ackles and if you really just want to watch him, I'd suggest just putting Supernatural or Dark Angel in - those were better.
On the whole the film contained hope in the cast with Jensen Ackles and Shannyn Sossamon; you just wished it was a better script perhaps? Definitely did not warrant a 18 certificate, so if gore and horror is your thing, don't buy this {albeit i looked away at one point...but cutting off tongues is NOT my thing}.
However, if you like a movie that you can have in the background or to fill in a good hour, and you're a fan of the actors I would recommend it. I personally did like the movie, even if it did have a plot that was as easy as following a trail of breadcrumbs amongst breadcrumbs. There were some moments that were good - but I myself thought the ending was sudden stop. It left me wondering - is that it?
on 5 November 2010
Despite all the negative reviews i still decided to purchase Devour because the beautiful and talented Jensen Ackles is the star of this movie. This isn't the greatest movie ever made but it's not the worst either, it's a little confusing at times but i still enjoyed it! If your fan of Jensen Ackles and Supernatural (TV series) this movie is a MUST HAVE! Also Jensen's real life father stars in Devour too!
on 11 April 2006
Being honest, I only got this because Jensen Ackles is in it.
Devour has to the funniest thing I've seen this year. There's barely any plot, barely any horror - buckets of gore doesn't make something terrifying, it just makes me think that the set designer will have a bitch of a time getting all that out the carpet.
I wouldn't really have rated this any higher than a 15, being honest, I'd have let my son watch it if he was twelve, it was that unscary.
I'm trying to work out if the horror was meant to be funny, but horror films are rarely known for irony.
One to be watched, very drunk with friends, right after you've ripped the micky out of Battlefield Earth.
Then go hire Ginger Snaps, or a good Troma film, which is exactly what it says on the tin.
on 16 November 2011
I recently bought this it didn't have great reviews but I thought I would risk it & I feel it wasn't a bad film at all!There's plenty going on with the characters & their lives & it sort of draws you in because you want to see how it will unfold,there's blood of course & some slightly gory bits it doesn't shock or make you jump it's a thriller really more than a horror & the ending is unexpected so give it a go & see what you think!"Supernatural" fans may like it as Jenson Ackles (Dean Winchester)is the lead Jake Gray & I feel he did a good job!Supernatural - Season 6 Complete [Blu-ray][Region Free]My Bloody Valentine 3D (Limited Edition) [DVD]
on 7 December 2011
Like others, the main reason I got this film is because of the fittest Winchester brother! And he's just as yum in this (although slightly too emotional for me) I read the reviews and expected the worst and to be honest, it wasn't THAT bad! OK so it was pretty cheesy, and there were a few parts that I was like "oh dear" but it was fun to watch. I liked the idea behind the film, I think the name and the dvd cover spoilt it. We WON'T be selling this one back lol