Customer reviews

Blackpool [DVD]
Format: DVD|Change

on 23 June 2011
Highly entertaining - it made me laugh and cry. I watched this series on tv a few years ago and loved it then. Bought the dvd and enjoyed it all over again. It is so well cast and brilliantly acted especially by David Morrissey. The singing and dancing just enhances the entertainment factor. Superb and highly recommended.
on 25 January 2016
After watching the first disc I decided to buy it. Just hope that the Amazon Lovefilm will not think I hated it because I, naturally, removed it from my rental list then. :)
A fan of David Tennant, I now wonder how I survived that long without watching this. It's amazing and soooo hilarious!
on 27 October 2012
Absolutely love this - brilliant, original idea, great casting, amazing performances, fantastic music and a gripping story line. David Tennant and Sarah Parish are like thunder and lightning together! I will be watching this again and again.
on 9 August 2013
Why doesn't the BBC still produce programmes like this? A strong, well written plot with strong, complex characters but with the quirky musical twist. Absolutely brilliant! Give it a try.
on 25 November 2010
thhis is a bit surreal, a bit of a drama, a bit of a comedy, a bit of a musical, a bit sinister.

there's some good acting and good songs, it's well worth a watch!
on 11 June 2014
This musical is one of the best in its era,absolute super sixties music and a very good story line, would recommend this to anyone.
on 15 August 2015
Very pleased with purchase, great value, 6hrs entertainment for £3 a bargain!
Speedy and efficient service.
on 24 August 2015
The best DVD set I own. I'm no fan of musicals but I love this series and David Morrissey is exceptional.
on 19 March 2015
Just brilliant - all drama should be this well written and performed.
on 5 May 2015
very unusual. needs to be repeated on tv some hope though.