on 3 December 2013
I only have vague memories of watching Dick Emery in programmes that even at the time were probably repeats. Like most kids in the seventies, I was hooked by the funny catchphrases "Daaad, I think I got it wrong again, Oh you are awful but I do like you, Hello Honky Tonk" Dick acted and delivered those lines to perfection. Many a-time his characters were mimicked in the school playground to the hilarity of all observers.

What is considered Dicks best material is subjective and previous reviewers have stated that this compilation has left them disappointed. However, what is undeniable is that this dvd is very enjoyable and a trip down memory lane to a more innocent time. The humour is first class and devoid of vulgarity. There is even a few minutes of bloopers at the end that are priceless.

I would recommend "The Best Of Dick Emery" dvd to anyone who recognizes quality comedy from one of Britains best comedians.
on 1 November 2015
I grew up with Dick Emery (which is to say that he was on our television every week - he wasn't my father!) so bought this expecting lots of laughs. Sadly it hasn't stood the test of time and, though the characterisation is still impressive, the situations and verbal humour are lame. At under ninety minutes it's a quick watch but one that I'm unlikely to indulge in again.
on 11 January 2018
I would not call this DVD the best at all. A lazy non fan compilation of sketches. Come on, lets have a proper compilation released to show Dick Emery's talent at its best.
on 3 October 2015
One of the truly greats of British Comedy at his best ! Just a bit disappointed that the sketch " The Best kept Railway Station " was not included in this Best of DVD.
on 21 May 2014
This DVD should be retitled: You are awful and I hate you.

It certainly isn't the best of Dick Emery. I have seen much better and funnier sketches - all this DVD has is the padding and none of the gems.

Do not waste your time or money on buying this lemon.
on 5 January 2011
Dick Emery - The Best Of Dick Emery [DVD] I enjoyed this and it took me back in time when I used to watch his programmes as a child. The only disappointment was that some of the content I was expecting and looking forward to, was not on this version,and perhaps I will need to buy another DVD to get the other content. It was reasonably priced and so was worth buying.
on 12 June 2017
Brilliant dvd and service
on 11 November 2017
Bought as a gift for a friend and he loves it. Not awful at all!
on 3 May 2017