on 14 March 2006
I did not know what the plots of this series would be about. Thankfully, I ignored the DVD case descriptions and upon reading them afterwards, I am glad I avoided them.
I've loved Sarah Parish and her character Allie from episode 1, series 1 and was not prepared for the intense emotional drama Series 4 offered in between the light moments. Jason Merrells, Annette Badland, and Angela Griffin all gave outstanding performances, and of course Sarah Parish rocked the house.
With this series, I didn't miss Finn or Mia much but definitely felt Ruby's absence as she seemed such an integral part of the first three series.
Annette Badland is pure brilliance - whether in the background of a scene, cooing over her onscreen grandson, snapping at her family, or giving me chills with her final outburst; Mr Merrells had me sympathizing with his character whom I found hard giving sympathy to at times - yet seeing Gavin's pain brought me to tears; and Sarah Parish - I don't think ANY other actress has touched me so deeply. I look forward to seeing more of her work.
I would have loved to see a happier ending, but Cutting It never took that easy predictable road which is what hooked me from the beginning.
A huge thank you to the brilliant cast, crew and writer/creator Debbie Horsfield for providing one of my favorite and most unforgettable TV shows I have ever seen.
on 5 August 2005
I was really into series 1-3 i loved them especially the four main characters Finn,Gavin,Allie and Mia and I was glued to the screen throughout them series. But I wasnt that interested in series 4, I only wanted to know how they would kill Allie, when I heard the rumours about her leaving. Which was rubbish how they killed her, like everyone says that is was a bad ending.
Couldn't they just let Sarah Parish's character 'Allie' have happiness for once, especially after she has finally settled down with the gorgeous Gavin . I thought they should like let the character have a break from the show instead killing her.
I hope they don't make another series because it wouldnt be the same without Sarah Parish (Allie)
on 3 August 2005
Cutting It Series 4 was a very good series but very sad.
It was good as it had fantastic acting by Allie (Sarah Parish)
and Gavin (Jason Merrills)
It was very sad as the original four main characters have gone after four years. How will Cutting It be the same again?
How could they have killed off Sarah Parish?
There were some really fantastic scenes between Allie, her mum and Darcie played by Angela Griffin.
The funeral was very sad when they started showing clips of her skating round the park while Ralfie was watching in his pram and when they started singing "Thank You For The Day".
All I could think about while watching the funeral scenes was the very first episode when you were working out who was who, especially with Mia and Finn and how you knew Allie would be the key to the show.
I am glad Gavin walked off in the sunset on his own as he only just got re-married to Allie and how could he go with someone else so soon.
Personally I think they should stop at series 4 as it wont be the same.
Also it felt weird without Ruby played by Lucy Gaskill.
I hoped she would have come back for the funeral but I suppose it wouldn't have been right for her to be there.
All in all I good series and congratulations to Sarah Parish for fantastic acting but it won't be the same without the famous four.
on 8 September 2009
first dvd in the set did not work on anything at all so missed two very crucial episodes of the last series!
on 7 July 2015
Box looks good but disc one is completely empty, tried it on 4 different machines. Now have to package it up and send it back 😡
on 18 February 2006
I LOVED the first three series - repeat LOVED - but series 4 just wasn't the same without Ruby (who was the best by far, let's be honest).
And the ending was, well, a bit rubbish really. They're making another series? What's the point?
on 6 August 2014
Great service the dvd is in great condition. .
on 22 June 2016
Great - Loved watching these series again !
on 8 February 2007
Series 4 was great - very moving with some fab acting from Sarah. However i'm not sure a 5th series with so many of the integral characters missing would work......i'd still have to watch it just to see though!
on 12 June 2016