Customer reviews

on 25 August 2005
First of all, I would like to say a sad farewell to Mark Doyle who in the sleevenotes tells us this will be his final compilation to compile for the Hed Kandi series. I have to say that he has touched me in a positive way with his selections and I wish him all the best in the future. On to the music.
This album in my opinion is one of the better Beach House releases. Last year's release was a bit too underground and dark for my liking. This year's is full of sunshine and happiness beginning with Eddy Meets Yannah's fantastic, 'Reach The Sky'. Other well-produced tracks come from Kuppercoco, who give us an epic 10 minute journey, Lisa Shaw, Latrice and my favourite of the first disc, 'Can't Read Your Mind' by King DK.
The pace picks up a notch on disc two with sublime anthems from Aya, Peyton, Roachford, Mylo and Steve Mac. All in all, this album is perfect for those hot summer days and just reminds me of what I'm missing this summer on a tiny white isle in the Meditteranean. Better grab my Sun Factor 60 then...
on 9 August 2005
With the ever expanding house music market, it is not surprising that this one does not live up to some of the earlier Kandi albums. Quite simply, with larger record labels like Ministry and Defected (along with Hed Kandi) swallowing up as many 'new sounds' as possible, it has become harder to find truly original compilations. Consequently, on Beach house O405 you will find tracks by Aya and Late Night Alumni that have appeared on earlier Kandi albums and tracks that probably should not be there at all! However there are some tunes which in themselves, make this album worth purchasing: 'King DK - Can't Read Your Mind' has very quickly become my favourite tune at the moment with soulful lyrics and a funky beat. Disc 2 is probably more mainstream and has classic tunes by Morris T and of course, Mylo. Therefore this album is a must have for anyone who is looking for alternative summer listening and wishes, like me, that they are in Ibiza sitting by the pool.
on 2 August 2005
I was really disappointed with the latest Beach House release from Hed Kandi, after waiting months for it to come out. The older releases, I feel, are worth their weight in gold but this release doesn't have the same quality tracks that we have been used to with Beach House. There is a lack of the latin flavour usually present and, whereas normally, I like 75% of the songs on them, there is only a couple that hit me as classic Beach House tracks. Maybe this CD is a grower but, sorry, I just can't help feeling disappointed this time around. My advice - buy all previous Beach House CDs apart from this one and no money will be wasted!!
on 28 February 2008
Great beach house kandi, CD1 is good but CD2 is just awesome with loads of good tracks on it. However 'In my arms', and 'Reach for the sunshine' are just awesome; two of the best funky house tracks I've ever heard. It's hard to explain, but as the new HK has gone quite mainstream commercial and some of the old stuff just sounds dated, CD2 is timeless, it's the kind of thing you could hear in 10 years, and say 'yeah, that's good.'

Recommended!
on 8 August 2005
Lovely Compilation with some really nice tracks. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you like it funky, deep n sexy. Not many latin flavoured tracks but quality house for sure!
Enjoy!
on 7 August 2005
Lovely compilation with some really nice tracks. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you like it funky, deep n sexy. Not many latin flavoured tracks but quality house music for sure.
Enjoy!
on 23 August 2005
I gave the 2004 Beach house collection a wide berth , as it veered away from the more latin soulful house grooves of the earlier Beach House albums. The 2005 instalment seems to be getting back on track to Kandi's earlier grooves ,Marlena offers the only latin , yet there's more ingredients of soulful vocals than the more recent batches of this series.For Beach House the housey grooves and rhythms are geered for late summer barbeques and get togethers, or lounging with this on your ipod.Up a few gears from The excellent downbeat mellow Winter Chill. Kandi return to some of her old favourites from The Naked Music catalogue artists such as Lisa Shaws excellent dance classic Let it ride, also Aquanote, Aya and Kaskade.Even Hed Kandi's own in house outfits put in sizzling mixes , Bonnie Bailey, Stonebridge, Afterlife have never sounded better with a lengthy mix of Never before. There's also good tracks from Late Night Alumni and Peyton.This is not The best Beach House collection for me but it's not a bad summer selection ,from my favourite collection along with Winter Chill.Kandi's commerciality has exploded yet it remains a quality name in dance music .
on 15 November 2014