Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: DVD|Change

on 24 July 2006
Compared with its heavyweight rivals such as Thomas the Tank Engine and Bob the Builder, Tractor Tom's complete reliance on computer-animated graphics initially appears cheap and basic. However, the simple contrasting colours, clear figurative outlines and uncluttered scenes make it easy to follow the action on the screen and the actually quite amusing storylines are spot-on for the 2+ year-olds. Farmer Fi, Farmhand Matt and a colourful (but not too overwhelming) cast of farmyard machinery and animals are friendly and inclusive. This is the second Tractor Tom I have purchased and this series has now edged itself onto the first rung amongst equals. This particular edition contains an additional DVD with some lovely singalongs, some traditional, some particular to this series, but which had the kids' 100% attention, quite remarkable. 5 stars for this series which has snuck in out of nowhere and taken us pleasantly by surprise with its warmth and humour. Many thanks & take care.
on 10 March 2007
All the vehicles have started talking, and Fi & Matt have changed their characters a bit, in this series (oops,sorry, I forgot about Hide & Seek, and I haven't got it yet.). So actually I miss Fi's very strong woman figure in the older series, how she walks & laughs, and how she talks with very strong accent. That was rather hilarious and lovely.
Still, the stories in this DVD are very fun, interesting & clever, I think, and my son who is nearly 3 years old absolutely loves them. And, all the vehicles' voices and characters are as children's here, and they are very sweet and touching. Rolla is a rather annoying character sometimes, but I think it's good to to show such situations that the annoying character can be loved & cherished as well.
So, maybe this new style of this series is better to show children how to make relationships better in everyday life, I think, but I still can't help to miss the lovely lively machines with a lot of nice sound effects and full of sweet expressions like they where before, and Fi's red cap (she's putting on always whatever it was a midnight when she had been resting.) and her thick arms with nice muscles as a farmer.
And, the song DVD of tractor tom music videos is actually excellent. My kid loves singing along with it watching Tractor Tom & his friends' videos. I greatly appreciate this Tractor Tom product.
I bought this for my 3 year old boy. He has a couple of the older Tractor Tom DVDs and loves them. The lovely simplicity of the non-vocal machines, and the warm wit of the interaction between the characters absolutely captivated my son. Now the machines all talk, Lisa Tarbuck and James Nesbitt are no longer the voices, and it has gone from being the number one favourite in our house to the shelf that is never requested. Now I hear, "Can I watch some Tractor Tom please, but not the new one". Overall very disappointed with this disc.
on 10 May 2014
My little boy loves tractor tom and all the characters. The addition of a plane in this one is a bonus. He loves trying to sing along to the extra songs on the bonus. Easy to follow menu to select the episode you want to watch although we generally just press play and watch them all in one go :-)
on 8 October 2010
my little one,2 yr old,loves Tractor Tom and this is perfect for him,easy to follow,funny stories of Tom and all on Spinghill farm.this is one where all the characters speak rather than in the earlier episodes.my boy still enjoys those too.comes with another dvd of songs,traditional and including the Tom theme song.bring back Tractor Tom!
on 24 September 2009
As previous reviews, this really caught my son's imagination (3.5yrs) despite the graphics not being as modern as is available. Great colours and good storylines have made it a good purchase
on 13 May 2009
Very enjoyable DVD for little ones, and comes with a second DVD of Tractor Tom songs - makes a change from the story episodes. A must for all Tractor Tom fans!
on 8 October 2014
Wrong DVD inside, couldn't be bothered with the hassle of sending back so just going to send to grandads because already got the DVD that was inside
on 3 August 2015
Grandchild loves Tractor Tom and was so pleased with this ones for taking on the plane on holiday. Kept him occupied for a good while.
on 12 February 2017
Great new stories, and the songs DVD is a hit too - the usual kids' songs with a Tractor Tom twist plus a few other songs.