Package Quantity: 1|Style Name: Silver Wellness|Change

on 22 April 2013
I researched this product after my mother used to make ravioli for us on her Atlas 150 when we were kids (20+ years ago). Her Marcato is still going strong and I just had to buy my own. I sourced mine through amazon.it (home of pasta - where else) a year ago, but glad to see that the UK site has caught up with this quality product. It certainly puts the kitchen craft alternative to shame, this is on a completely different level.

- Sturdy construction
- Easy to clean (maybe not the ravioli attachment)
- Rock solid, no flimsiness or cheapness
- Durability - the one in the family is about 30 years old, all attachments are working as new
... even better the same 30 year old attachments fit a new Atlas 150, no need to worry about buying an end of life product.

also as a plus: if you look at the vast range of accessories and compare it with the alternative products, you will see how the Atlas 150 excels.

My recommendations for the budding pasta maker:
- buy a pasta cutter, check out the multi cutter as well on the italian site, its called the "pastabike"
- get a pasta drying rack. again, check the italian amazon site, where it is about half price and free p&p
- check the international sites for attachments - you will find a lot more than you might do here and possibly at a better price on amazon.it
- don`t bother too much with the ravioli attachment - Personally I think you are better off with a ravioli sheet and a rolling pin. The ravioli attachment is somewhat bulky and by far the most expensive accessory you can get.
- avoid the raviolini attachment: has all the negatives of the ravioli attachment + the pasta to filling ratio will be horrible. Your raviolinis are likely to be small and flat due to their size.
- the 150 in the name is the width. Don`t be tempted by the atlas 180. It is marginally wider but more expensive, plus it doesn`t have as many accessories as the 150 (and even those are disproportionately pricey). Your pasta is going to be cut up anyway, so what`s the point?:)

Hope this helps anyone,
keep it rollin`
22 comments| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 September 2015
I own it for a while now so I can tell this thing is very well build and is good fun to operate. If you can't decide which one to buy Marcato or Imperia, go for Marcato. There are few reasons: more thickness settings(9 on Marcato, 6 on Imperia),a knob has better grip, easier to clamp to the worktop, aluminium rollers works better with any dough, Imperia's almost impossible to roll a dough if its too dry, Marcato has no such issue. I know this because I have both of them.
The only problem is wrong description of a product- it is not Silver Wellness model, it is a Classic! The RRP of £89 is a big fat whopper.You can check prices on Marcato website (prices are shown only in italian language): design line (all colours including silver) costs €85, Cromo €68, Classic is not even there, must be even cheaper. They all are the same machine with different finishes.So 40-45 pounds is about right price, its not a 50% bargain you getting. But still it's a good buy.
on 20 May 2014
Buyer beware! I received a different item to that advertised.

The product is listed as the 'Marcato Atlas Light Alloy 150 Silver'. What I received was the "Atlas Classic Chrome" version.

The Light Alloy version is 100% anodised aluminium. This Classic Chrome version is only 10% anodised aluminium… the rollers. It is a significantly cheaper model that the promised Atlas Light Alloy.
55 comments| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 February 2013
We bought this pasta machine online direct from Italy, arrived very well packed and had excellent instructions. Much better value than buying from John Lewis or other Uk seller. Our first attempt at making pasta was a great success and weve been making it easily ever since. The key to good pasta is the right moisture content and a firm but gentle turning of the rollers, not too fast but dont slow down or hesitate, just keep it going smoothly. Four hands are better than two when the pasta is rolled out and becomes long and more difficult to handle. We dry ours on a drying rack first before cooking and always use good quality Italian durum flour. It keeps in the fridge for days.
on 21 November 2012
I bought this after reading lots of reviews of pasta makers. I decided to go for this one because the reviews were excellent and it did not disappoint. The machine is very sturdy, not too light so you don't worry about it moving about when you are making the pasta. It looks as though it will last for a long time.
Make sure when you buy this you read the care instructions. I didn't at first and washed it with soap and water, it looks like it hasn't suffered but I won't make that mistake again. Besides all it really needs is a brush down to get the remaining flour off and it's good to be put away.
I've only used a simple recipe of 300g '00' flour, 3 large eggs (room temp), 1 tbsp of olive oil and some freshly ground pepper and salt. Blitzed in a food processor until breadcrumby and brought together by hand, kneaded for 5 minutes then put in the fridge for half hour ready to be rolled out. Fab results when I made butternut squash ravioli.
Have already purchased another machine for my sister and her husband as a Christmas present I'm that pleased with it! Next on my list is some more attachments for pasta sizes. Can't wait!!
on 12 March 2014
I bought this pasta maker as a gift for my husband (he makes great pasta! (and he's Scottish - who knew?)). When it arrived I was astounded at how heavy the box was and when I opened it I was delighted. The photo doesn't really give you any idea of the 'feel' of it. It looks rather tinny in the photo but it's not. It really is a solid piece of kit and it works beautifully.

Thoroughly recommend it to any woman who loves pasta and a husband who loves to cook!
on 6 December 2011
I read just about all of the reviews for every pasta machine available through Amazon and decided to go for this one-partly because of the claims of 'uncontaminated dough thanks to the light alloys used in the rollers'. Obviously, I have no idea if this can be substantiated or not but it certainly was an important benefit in my mind. Have used it once so far and it did exactly what I expected it to and it felt very sturdy. I watched a number of videos on its use thanks to YouTube so my first attempt at making pasta was quite successful. It is not too daunting a task if you do what I did and look at the various tips and different techniques on the many videos out there.

I would have given this item 5 stars were it not for the fact that the metal logo plate (which they make mention of in the product description as being top quality) came off during the first use. It's no big deal but I'd suggest a stronger adhesive...

The build quality suggests that the only items I will be buying from Marcoto in the future will be some of the additional cutters the manufacture-I doubt I'll ever need to replace the pasta machine itself because it is very well made.

Now, does anybody have the definitive pasta dough recipe?
on 27 May 2016
There's an old saying 'you get what you pay for' never has it been more true than in this case. My first machine was a relitively cheap one from a national cookware store chain and lasted about three years. My second from a different cookware chain and gave off chunks of swarf from the rollers and third was the same. So I decided to invest in a proper machine. After a quick look on Amazon and reading a few reviews decided on this machine. Ordered Saturday 5pm arrived Sunday 9.30am (Prime is great)! Straight from the box you can tell that the quality is in a different league to my previous machines and was pleased to see it came with a 10 year warranty which it doesnt mention in the llisting! Comes with a clamp to fasten to worktop (I always put a small piece of cardboard on top of the screw clamp to prevent any damage to the worktop underside). Removeable handle and an attachment for Tagliatelli and spaghetti. After using it I did notice that this machine can roll the pasta thinner than my previous machines too.
If you are thinking of purchasing a machine and you will use it fairly often, invest and by a good one like this!
on 5 February 2016
I looked at several pasta making machines before settling on the Marcato Atlas 150. I did a tour of the local shops and department store and I was left in no doubt as to the quality of this machine.

Construction is stainless steel with only the rollers and cutters being aluminium. Adjusting the setting of the roller thickness could not be easier and it will roll to thickness of between 4.0mm down to 0.8mm with a total of 9 settings. The “C” clamp used to camp the machine to your work surface is good and strong, and once tightened holds it rock steady. In operation the Atlas 150 is smooth and easy to use and I can detect no play at all in the rollers or cutters. It also comes with a comprehensive manual to get you started.

This is the first pasta making machine I have ever purchased and over the years I have learned that buying the best you can afford is always best, and cheaper in the long run.

If you can make good pasta dough this machine will produce good even thickness pasta sheet for many years to come.

Mmm, Delicious homemade Lasagne for dinner tonight, time to get the Atlas out.
on 25 December 2015
I'm chef for more than 15 years and work and worked with pasta in many restaurants with the proper big pasta machine. This is a wonderful peace of equipment a small version of the ones super expensive I'm use to work with. It is robust, heavy, work smooth, is beautiful and give me always a consistent pasta. I'm sure will use it for decades and after my offspring will take over and the offspring of my offspring will keep using it if good care is taken. I happy and secure in recommending this product.