Format: Audio CD|Change

on 5 August 2005
This is quite a well thought out album representng all that is good about the mighty Renaissance's past!
I noticed that the Amazon UK tracklist differs to the songs on my album...
Renaissance: The Classics Tracklist
CD 1
01. Kariya - Let Me Love You for Tonight
02. Ralphie Rosario - You Used to Hold Me
03. Raze - Brake for Love (Original Mix)
04. Kym Sims - Too blind to See It
05. Ce Ce Peniston - Finally
06. Last Rhythm - Last Rhythm
07. Masters at Work ft. India - I Can't Get No Sleep
08. Robin S - Show Me
09. Xpansions - Move Your Body
10. Sandy B - Make The World Go Round
11. Ten City Thatt's The Way Love Is ten
12. Shawn Christopher - Don't Lose The Magic (Morales Mix & Dub)
13. Brand New Heavies - Back to Love (Graeme Park Mix)
14. Taiko - Echo Drop (Dub)
15. The Sounds of Blackness - The Pressure (CJ Mackintosh Remix)
16. Secret Life - As Always
CD 2
01. Collapse - My Love (Ambient Mix)
02. Alison Limerick - Where Love Lives (Come On In)
03. A Guy Called Gerald - Voodoo Ray
04. FBI Project - Everybody (All Over The World)
05. Black Box - Ride on Time
06. Inner City - Good Life (Magic Juan Mix)
07. M People - How Can I Love You More (Sasha mix)
08. Joe Smooth - Promised Land
09. Brothers Love Dubs - The Mighty Ming
10. Gat Décor - Passion
11. Grace - Not Over Yet (Perfecto Mix)
12. More Kante - Yeke Yeke (Hardfloor Mix)
13. The Future Sound of London - Papua New Guinea
14. Moby - Go
15. Age of Love - Age of Love
16. Robert Miles - Children
CD 3
01. Dennis Edwards - Don't Look Any Further
02. Soul II Soul - Keep on Moving (Club Mix)
03. Beats International - Dub Be Good to Me
04. Depeche Mode - Useless (Kruder and Dorfmeister Mix)
05. Zoe - Sunshine on A Rainy Day
06. The Orb - Little Fluffy Clouds (Original Mix)
07. BBG - Snappiness
08. Leftfield - Release the Pressure
09. Electribe 101 - Talking with Myself (Canny Remix)
10. Incognito - Always There (Club Mix)
11. Lisa Lisa and Cult Jam - Let The Beat Hit Em'
12. C+C Music Factory - Everybody Dance Now
13. Patti Day - Right Before My Eyes
14. Sueno Latino - Sueno Latino
15. 808 State - Pacific State
16. Sabres of Paradise - Smokebelch II (Beatless Mix)
17. Lamb - Gorecki
on 4 August 2005
I am going to have to write this review fro 2 different perspectives. Firstly as a music lover of most genres and particularly dance then this is a smashing album. The are a huge number of classic tracks on the 3 cd's which bring a smile to your face when you think of the first time you heard them in a club. Tunes long since forgotten. It also neatly covers dance music as opposed to trance music or handbag or piano or any of the other many sub-catagories that electronic music has sadly been broken up into over the years so there is something for everyone on this. Yes if you're looking for a genre specific 'classics' album you'll be disappointed but if you like your dance as a whole you could be onto something.
The other perspective I want to wrtie from is as a DJ and yes from here it is a bit disappointing. Bland mixes, clearly computer blended as opposed to hand-crafted. Yes, if you want an example of a beautifully crafted mix or you want to demonstrate to someone what is meant by set building then get the original Renaissance Mix by Sasha & Digweed (the real one preferably, complete with the M-People tracks but the re-release will do) or Coldcut's 70 Minutes of Madness. But then I don't think this is the idea with this CD and the shear volume of good tracks make this a good buy.
on 2 December 2005
Three CD's of superb tunes - some old favourites, a lot of classics and a few cheeky popuar tunes thrown in for good measure. This an album that doesn't try to take itself too seriously by claiming to be "the album of classics" -there are too many to get on one box set - but offers up everything it says on the tin -a collection of Renaissance Classics. A renaissance night is unique experience and this is classics according to the renaissance experience and i think its absolutely perfect. Just right. With tunes like Last Rhythm and Gat Decor - Passion, this is an album if you were a serious clubber, a halfway clubber or an occasional clubber. It fits for everyone. And for the person with the review that says its obviously computer mixed, do you seriously think that DJ's mix CD's for retails nowadays without using software? I don't think so.....
on 4 September 2015
Renaissance😎 is the second box set I have brought as I wore the first one out I am not going to open this set until I upgrade my car speakers in the next couple of weeks which I will enjoy listening on the way home listening to this music is like taking speed it puts me on such a high with the reform and the beat in the mix of the music fantastic album highly recommended 😎👍
on 2 July 2015
Buy something at a charity shop and its missing a few bits, don't despair Amazon's there! So two out of the three disks from the charity shop and the third 'cheapo' from an Amazon trader. it works, the set is now complete.
on 25 July 2005
This is the perfect album for playing in the car or while you are getting ready for a night out. Some of the mixes are superb such as Brand New Heavies, Inner City and 808 State being among my favourites. I was surprised to see Ten City and Depeche Mode on the album but they really do blend in well with the other tracks. For me, there isn't a duff tune on here. I only got my copy at the weekend and have played it continually. Yep, this album is worth splashing your pocket money on. 10 out of 10.
on 28 July 2005
the songs are great but be warned that the track listing on Amazon is wrong. I bought the cd for some particular songs - most of which aren't on it!
on 29 December 2015
GOOD OLD TIMES being a rave veteran I started well back in 1990, although 89 it was already pumpin full of soulful hyped and acid beats. This is a wonderful selection of the old days and how they started. I own this and the 2nd installment and I am a big fan. It reminds me to have an oldskool party now and again as its easy to forget the sheer number of catchy melodic U.S and UK house tracks that started the game off. Some tracks are more underground than others and some are just feel good tracks mixed in but nothing is really ruined by the variety of tracks. As with the 2nd collection this has 3 cds and the last one is more mid tempo classics whilst the 1st 2 cd's have the dancy classics. Whether you are familiar with this era or not, if you want to know how rave music started then grab this. There are so many uplifting tracks here you simply cannot go wrong. When I started raving things had moved more uptempo than this, but I always feel good when I play these cds as it reminds me of my nostalgic memories that will stay with me forever.
on 12 March 2012
Part of the 'Renaissance' series of compilations, three cd's of classic house tracks from the past twenty years. Not nearly as epic as the Sasha/Digweed mic collection, yet still well worth a purchase.
on 17 November 2013
My friend was playing this CD which I loved immediately, although it's not up to the minute chart music (you will recognise all the tunes anyway) its brilliant to have playing in my car on long journeys and while doing the housework. For £2.99 its been money well spent. Give it a go and see what I mean.