on 30 September 2017
Amazing product, from the design to the materials that have been used.
I use it daily for my cup of espresso, even if it is for 6 small espressos I just fill it with how much water i new and the right proportion of coffee.
I use a fine ground coffee, don't use a too fine one because it will burn.

As an italian passionate about coffee I can give you a little trik to make it work more quickly and make not burn the coffee. If you want you can add already bouled water to the moka and this will prevent the coffee from burning and will also be ready in less than 2 minutes.

It is suitable for all types of hobs. Try to always wash it by hand and always dry it before to put it back in the cupboard!
10 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 26 October 2017
This item is listed as stainless steel. It is not! After only a few uses, it is already rusting in the lower section of the coffee maker. A ghastly, acrid odour comes out of it, so I cannot continue to use it for making my coffee. I had my previous coffee maker for over 26 years, still going solid, and sadly have to discard it as I am unable to find a washer for it. That one was solid stainless steel and never rusted! I tried to include a photo but it is too dark to show the rusted stains of the unit.
5 people found this helpful
on 6 September 2017
Forget all those pod coffee makers, French press, or filter flim flammery. If you want an excellent cup of coffee, this is for you.

I was reminded of this when I recently dug out my Bialetti after moving house. Three scoops of Lavazza and a few minutes on the stove produces a deep, strong and smooth coffee. My six-cup model gives me two good-sized cups.

The method of making the coffee is quick and simple - hardly any more work than a cafetiere in my opinion.

And, an added bonus, the coffee maker looks very elegant too!
on 20 December 2017
Great coffee maker. Stylish, well made and easy to clean. Quality stainless steel with a strong plastic handle. It gets used 2-3 times a day every day and still looks like new. The silicone sealing ring fits perfectly so no need to over tighten the jug on to the base. I would say that it produces enough coffee for 4 medium to large mugs if the coffee is topped off with either frothed milk or hot water if yo like it black. It will do 6 espressos but only small ones. Overall very pleased, and would recommend this product.
on 26 January 2016
This replaced a somewhat murky looking old aluminium version. The first few cups were really bitter, with none of the rich flavours I used to extract from the old pot. However, after a bit of use, things have improved. I've tried using cold water / hot water and low heat / high heat and although results can still be a bit inconsistent, I've found that pre-heated water at reasonably high heat works best, then turn down the heat as soon as the coffee starts to flow to the point where the heat is only just sufficient to maintain that flow, and rescue it from the heat and pour before it starts to sputter. Not exactly scientific, but it seems to work best for me. I suppose for £20 or thereabouts when it does deliver a good cup then it beats most chain coffee and certainly better than filter or cafetiere. Honestly not close to a good home espresso maker but then again it's a fraction of the price and the variability just adds to the sense of adventure! There's enough in this coffee maker for one medium sized mug of very robust Americano so I guess you would get 6 espresso cups from that if you wished.
on 27 December 2017
It looks lovely.I gave this as a present. It was used for the first time on Christmas day. Unfortunately, it leaks. Very disappointed as it is not fit for purpose.It could just be that we have a faulty model.I will contact Amazon to return.
on 27 July 2017
First thing first, it DOES work on induction. No problem whatsoever.
It's polished stainless steel therefore prone to finger marks, nothing unusual though.
Makes lovely coffee but leaks from the lid on the handle and again from the seal in the middle hence three stars.
on 4 November 2017
Bought to replace what was supposed to be a 2/3 cup percolator, which I found only just made enough for one mug of latte, the strength I like. This one is ideal for making 2 or 3 large mugs of latte, maybe four at a push, but not if you like your coffee strong. First few cups were a little bitter, but that’s been my experience with these percolators when they’re new. After a few uses, it’s making lovely coffee. Not quite up to the Gaggia pump espresso machine, but this is a very good percolator.
One person found this helpful
on 2 February 2017
I love it ... love it ... love it! Coffee tastes great and works on my induction cooker really well (6 cup pot). Great buy!

That said - I find I'm still coming to terms with using an induction stove (instead of gas) so I'm really careful to turn the stove off when I hear 'that noise' that tells me it's 'almost' finished. I say that because my induction stove will super heat the base and damage the surface of the stove if it's used to heat something that has no water remaining.
on 10 November 2016
Nice coffee maker but seal defective and sprays water everywhere. This is a Chinese made one so it has been sent back for a refund as I cannot guarantee I will not be sent a Chinese one again. Looking at other reviews it appears the Chinese ones have this problem.
4 people found this helpful