on 1 November 2017
Takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of it it makes a lovely cup of coffee. It is tiny though! So they must be two very small cups that this is meant for.

Works fine on our induction hob. In fact, very well! I was surprised at how quickly it heats up and makes the coffee.
on 30 December 2016
Great purchase, I was concerned that a few reviews said that theirs had leaked, and the coffee was bitter etc, however, after ensuring that I had read the instructions I made a few coffee's just to get used to using it - It was a little bitter at first, however, i was using a very finely ground coffee, and this was much improved when as per the instructions used a coarser coffee grind. The coffee is great, so would greatly recommend. I have got a nespresso machine, which I found expensive, but this is great (Added bonus - the smell is simply fantastic)
on 23 December 2016
The base doesn't screw on easily, needing several attempts, and makes a loud grinding noise. I've had this one for just over a year and can't be bothered to use it. When I contacted customer services for advice they couldn't even be bothered to reply. This is so disappointing as the two cup I bought a couple of years ago was far superior and still great, which is why I opted for a larger one. Perhaps this six cup Bialetti Venus Induction Espresso Maker was made by a different manufacturer.
on 1 December 2016
very nice works well ,feels solid ..negative slight design fault that when one pores the coffee hot steam vents from the handle joint so one has to use a tea towel or hold the handle further down the grip ,the other this is actually a one mug cup of coffee. I returned this one and bought the 8 cup so two may share .
on 4 March 2016
Why has it took me so long to find this ! What a wonderful product, quick easy to use, I chose the stainless steel one as I read the Aluminium one was prone to rusting and marking over time for a few £s more it was a no brainer. It makes one generous "mug" of coffee with milk, for those who are wondering about how much a "6" cup makes, which suits me fine as if i need to make 2 mugs i just heat up a little more milk there is ample for a friend too.... I would go for the 9cup or higher (not sure what is max cup) if you want to make 2 or more cups on a regular basis... For the 1st time I bought some "Lavazza" beans and wow the coffee is awesome, NO NEED to purchase expensive coffee makers IMHO :)

What are you waiting for :) Enjoy !
on 13 May 2016
Bought this to use in the caravan as we're rarely on hookup. It's very good, very nearly as good as an expresso machine (we have the Jack Stonehouse one at home) and the best option if you don't have mains electricity. It's a bit smarter than the traditional one, shinier and less aluminium. The size of cup is misleading, this makes about 1.5 teacup sized drinks, maybe 2 if you like alot of milk.
on 20 August 2016
This looks superb on our induction hob but more importantly makes the most stunning beautiful coffees I have had. So smooth and almost quicker than making instant. Only complaint I have is that steam does come out of the lid via the handle as you pour and do can burn you... So hold it at the bottom portion of the handle. It drips via the same but honestly the coffee is sensational. Get a battery operated milk frother for few pounds at same time and you now have amazing lattes or cappuccino.
on 19 September 2016
I was worried about the negative reviews or the handle falling off / melting but I've had no worries so far. I use this on an inducation stove 90% of the time and it works great.

Cleaning without a dishwasher can be cumbersome but that's the case with any coffee maker. It's worth paying a bit more for this than some of the cheaper products listed.
on 15 February 2015
Very good product. As being used for about a month I love it. As already stated in previous reviews - be aware of the volume of the coffees you can get from one brew. 6 cups means 6 espresso cups. This is one full big mug of strong coffee.
The advice about using boiling water in the tank instead of cold water is great. This way you get your coffee tastier.
The only downside of the coffee maker is the build quality of the handle. Mine is still sound but knowing from the reviews prior to mine - I'm careful when assembling and disassembling the two parts of the coffee machine.
Just buy yourself good coffee batch and start the day with this great coffee maker.
on 10 December 2015
This this is great quality. But remember, its for 6 shots of espresso. Don't be like me thinking that you don't have to fill the coffee container in the middle all the way up because if you leave space then the coffee does not taste well and there is no crema. If you want to make coffee just for your self, get a smaller one so you can tightly pack the coffee.