Customer reviews

1,144
Size: 12 x 8,5 x 15,5cm|Change

on 16 September 2017
Bought as a replacement for my old aluminium espresso maker.
The base is approx 11cm in diameter and works perfectly on the smallest induction ring on my hob which is 16cm in diameter. In fact, when I popped it onto the largest ring, it seemed to be recognised by the ring. So yes, it works without a hitch on an induction hob - at least the 6 cup size works. Although I'd suggest that it is used on a low heat rather than full throttle!
Pretty easy to clean. The filter and rubber seal are removeable.
Makes good coffee (as far as I am concerned) although not a huge amount. If you use the maximum amount of water it will make a couple of mugs but there again, it's really for small coffees and that would be okay for espresso cups.
on 24 February 2017
Bialetti is a guarantee when it comes to Espresso makers. This item is brilliant, I am using it with my induction cooktop and works very well.
The coffee taste will be stronger and nicer after a few uses, but is important to understand few process about this makers which is well described in the instructions.
on 18 September 2017
I do like this but find that the 10 cup has less predictable performance than the four cup version. Sometimes the water just doesn't come up through the filter and I'm left with a thimbleful of very strong coffee. The stainless steel on both this and my four cup are of significantly less good quality than a 1980s model I have but they are very stylish and do still make good coffee
on 12 September 2017
Summary:
Bought with the intention to use over an induction hob. This does not work so I've returned it. Very good Aesthetics. May leak according to other reviewers but I cannot confirm this.

Pros:
+ Good design.

Cons:
- Does not work on an induction hob.
- May leak according to other reviewers.

NOTE: I have actually returned this product due to incompatability with an induction hob.
on 19 June 2017
I have had one of these coffee maker's before and it lasted 11 years! This one I have had for 12 month's and the lid is wobbly and on it's way out ! no where near the quality they used to be, shame damn good coffee maker (for those of us that like a serious kick!)
on 15 July 2013
I travel a lot so I needed something to carry with me. So at the beginning I was using french press which I love because it is practical. I do enjoy a good strong coffee in the morning, so I decided to try the espresso maker, and it is perfect. I feel the taste of coffee is stronger and I know some people like espresso, but I mix it with milk and a little more of water to have my perfect cup. I think it takes better the flavor of coffee, so If you use expensive ones, this choice is the best for you.

The 4 (espresso) cups are 1 regular mug.

I watched some videos on how to use it and wash it, so if you buy it look for the videos in youtube as I found them useful.

And I bought a ring to keep it away from the direct fire of the stove, and I think it will keep it in good shape for longer time.
on 12 November 2015
I'm not sure I would call this a six-cup coffee maker. You get abiut half a pint of deliciously strong coffee that actually tastes as good as it smells. Despite being less copious than I expected I love it. Not much good if you are offering coffee to visitors, however. Two half mugs topped up with hot milk is just about its limit.
on 29 August 2017
The 2cup version looks just as good as its 6cups pair but this will not work on the same induction hob. I've bought it after reading reviews saying that this will work on induction. The presentation / description of the product is ambiguous. One of them says that is, the other would say that this isn't. Well, it's not compatible. Will also fail a magnet test.
on 22 June 2017
Makes perfect brew. 6 cups means espresso size but makes two nice larger americano brews. Smooth taste and works well. Gas stove plate very stable - can't fault it.
on 8 September 2017
Works on my induction cooker and does the trick. Good idea to boil several lots of water and a couple of coffees to get rid of the new tste first though.